Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 14th, 2022, 12:18 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
(This is not today's update)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
As promised, I snuck into Encarmine office and grabbed this pic. No other context, just test proofs.

Featuring the Widow and the Lich Lord, whose name has been confirmed as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
*Iron Lich Viscerot
Is there a price tag laying around somewhere? Is that new terrain or old they are standing on?

Looks cool. That's a biiiig figure

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Hook swords! Hook swords? HOOK SWORDS.
Old September 14th, 2022, 12:47 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
But also... OOH, those new ruins are *very much* something I want in my collection, like right now, like asap, like STAT.

And modular overgrowth pieces? YES PLEASE.

Did this get posted on this site somewhere today? I missed it and did not join the Discord.

*edit* I found the thread where all the updates are posted.

I actually hope that is not the actual scale, looking at the Kyrie. Could have trouble finding room to store all this new terrain if we're getting this many different items in such large sizes. Guessing this is just the concept art submitted from which the final designs were chosen. I wonder how many different plants/ruins they ended up going to production with?
I actually like the idea of getting a number of large LOS blockers that it appears characters may be able to walk on.
That being said I doubt they're all going to be as big as it seems. I'm assuming some of these will strictly be concept art and the choice will be to make them smaller.
I'm hoping a couple will be that big though. Imagine the 4th with ruin height advantage...of course if you ruin their height advantage that wouldn't help.
Some of the speculation in the comments of Sir H's update was that these could be concepts for promotional videos or animated shorts.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old September 14th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
(This is not today's update)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
As promised, I snuck into Encarmine office and grabbed this pic. No other context, just test proofs.

Featuring the Widow and the Lich Lord, whose name has been confirmed as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
*Iron Lich Viscerot
Is there a price tag laying around somewhere? Is that new terrain or old they are standing on?

Looks cool. That's a biiiig figure
That's old terrain. These are 3D printed miniatures for testing the mold. We don't know price yet. In fact they told us yesterday on Discord that they were in a meeting nailing that down for the crowdfunding.
Old September 14th, 2022, 04:26 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

I like how it looks kind of--chonky. Is it just me? It actually looks like a Heroscape mini more than a Warhammer mini. Makes me feel like this will be easier to paint and also eases some of my economic anxiety.
Old September 14th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
I like how it looks kind of--chonky. Is it just me? It actually looks like a Heroscape mini more than a Warhammer mini. Makes me feel like this will be easier to paint and also eases some of my economic anxiety.
I agree one hundred percent. The artist sketches have suggested a level of intricacy that we are not seeing here. These are definitely higher quality than the old Heroscape minis - much higher quality - but they are definitely "chonky." To use your word. They feel right for this game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 14th, 2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old September 14th, 2022, 05:23 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
I agree one hundred percent. The artist sketches have suggesting a level of intricacy that we are not seeing here. These are definitely higher quality than the old Heroscape minis - much higher quality - but they are definitely "chonky." To use your word. They feel right for this game.

You're not going to get artist quality on a mini...if you did painting would be phenomenally difficult. These I can do a decent job of.

These do look like heroscape.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 14th, 2022 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Not great...but decent.
Old September 14th, 2022, 05:27 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Hook swords! Hook swords? HOOK SWORDS.
Keyblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 14th, 2022, 07:16 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 036 - "Scalpers...NO SCALPING!!!" (Come on everyone, you know what you're looking at here. To be fair, how could we NOT do this?)
Old September 14th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Was it established already that they were going with the D&D size bases? Did I miss that? Judging from the mock up the base on the smaller figure looks smaller than the average HeroScape base. I had kinda hoped they wouldn't do that since the large majority of the minis in our collects have the larger base. Anyway, not a big criticism really. It just gave me pause, that's all.
Old September 14th, 2022, 07:57 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
As long as they fit on a ladder, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Was it established already that they were going with the D&D size bases? Did I miss that? Judging from the mock up the base on the smaller figure looks smaller than the average HeroScape base. I had kinda hoped they wouldn't do that since the large majority of the minis in our collects have the larger base. Anyway, not a big criticism really. It just gave me pause, that's all.
The bases sizes vary a fair bit depending on the width of the figure. It's just that the Widow, evidently, is one of the thinner ones.
Old September 14th, 2022, 08:59 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 036 - "Scalpers...NO SCALPING!!!" (Come on everyone, you know what you're looking at here. To be fair, how could we NOT do this?)
Oh yeah, that’s a buy. Now do Thaelenk Tundra!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion