Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Portable Storage for Large Collections

Yeah, I should have added that. Ziplocs are great to keep track of things like ice-bases for glaciers, grouping castlewalk pieces separate from road (well, pretty much keeping all the castle components organized), and to gather up all the water and swamp water, etc.
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I use the original boxes for all storage. But you can also use the large Sterilite tubs and similar bins.
Yup. I have one MONGO tub that holds everything. In the tub specialty tiles are in their own large zip lock bags.
I do the same as Hahn with terrain. I have several large tubs that I store terrain in. Usually, if I'm going to somebody's home to play, I use their terrain. If they come to mine, I use my terrain.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |

Last edited by Blue Dane; May 10th, 2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammar error.
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Now get some initials on the bottoms of those figures!
Blasphemy!!!

Thou shalt not mutilate your Heroscape figures.
Well, do what you want, they're your figures.
That is, until they go missing or mixed up at a tournament or friendly get together.

If you have to lug around maps, I recommend initialing all your trees too.

Definitely a nifty way to pack!
I spend most my summer away from home, so I may have to purchase one of these and lug most of my collection in it.
It is amazing.

Eventually, I guess, I'm going to have to "brand" my figures to avoid the unavoidable. I don't know why, but I dislike mutilating my figures in any way. I might have to see a shrink about that.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I have a question; how is everybody transporting their figures around? Say you want to get a game going in a friend's house or at your local LGS, like we're doing here in South Florida; how are you getting your figures there?

......Or does everybody just play at home?
Well I know it's buried somewhere but you can search for the "Hahn vs Bujee" thread on cases.

If I am playing in a tourny or at my FLGS I use a small travel case.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=172

I know what armies I will be fielding so I do not need my entire collection.

(If you don't want to read the blog, but I think you should, here are the pics.)

If I plan on using a Dragon or the Hive I just bring it along loose.

If I am making a night at a buddy's house I thrown everything in the car with the 6 pack.

Not saying my way is the right way, it's just my way and it works for me. I've used smaller Plano cases before where I was flying somewhere but they just did not hold what I needed.

PLH,

-Hahn

Edit: If you notice all of my figure bases are marked.

Great blog, Hahn! The carrying case is perfect for playing on the go....and the cards that you printed are a great idea. I'm going to be looking into doing something similar with the cards as they are taking up some space.

.........and yes, I know, I have to mark my figures.

Old May 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Great blog, Hahn! The carrying case is perfect for playing on the go....and the cards that you printed are a great idea. I'm going to be looking into doing something similar with the cards as they are taking up some space.

.........and yes, I know, I have to mark my figures.
Thanks man.

Initials on the bottom of the bases with a Sharpie is not mutilation. Now I have seen folks who have taken paint or nail polish, yes it's true, and painted a ring around the base. No that is just WRONG.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Initials on the bottom of the bases with a Sharpie is not mutilation. Now I have seen folks who have taken paint or nail polish, yes it's true, and painted a ring around the base. No that is just WRONG.
Now you tell me!
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great looks like I just lost Rev's respect.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Great looks like I just lost Rev's respect.
But you did get Revrepped! <grin>
Old May 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Eventually, I guess, I'm going to have to "brand" my figures to avoid the unavoidable. I don't know why, but I dislike mutilating my figures in any way. I might have to see a shrink about that.
I've been torn as well; here's what I'm thinking about as a compromise: Sharpie markers come in tons of colors now. I'm going to pick an unusual one and just put (something like) two small dots (like a colon) under each base, probably in a crack or corner where it's hardly noticeable. This way, I won't have to see big, unsightly initials on every figure (and I haven't hurt their value as potential trades), but should an ownership question arise I would be able to distinguish my own figures — with a little squinting.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
I've been torn as well; here's what I'm thinking about as a compromise: Sharpie markers come in tons of colors now. I'm going to pick an unusual one and just put (something like) two small dots (like a colon) under each base, probably in a crack or corner where it's hardly noticeable. This way, I won't have to see big, unsightly initials on every figure (and I haven't hurt their value as potential trades), but should an ownership question arise I would be able to distinguish my own figures — with a little squinting.
It looks like we're on the same wave length, Just a Bill. That idea is great. An inconspicuous mark that does not detract from the figure or hurt it's collector's value is exactly what I'm looking for.

Old May 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I use a large, 20" plano tool box, but that should change when I get my stuff from HouseMouse. Lots of stuff coming for me, with my first order. I've also marked my figures with a blue Vis-a-Vis marker. A low-grain sand paper can take that off quite easily without damaging your figure or it's base.
Old May 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:

It looks like we're on the same wave length, Just a Bill. That idea is great. An inconspicuous mark that does not detract from the figure or hurt it's collector's value is exactly what I'm looking for.
Scape IS NOT a collectible game.

Seriously I don't see any issues with my initials on the bottom of the base. You never see them in play, and I'm not into ever selling my collection. I'm in it for the long haul.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion