Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 24th, 2015, 02:40 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Laser Cut Hexes....

Are you still doing these, Chachi?

If so, I was curious if it would be possible to get 5 hexes made. Each one different colored acrylic, with a different emblem engraved on each.
These would be for the Magic Arena of the Planeswalkers version of heroscape as a start space since the each player only begins the game with thier planeswalker in play. Only a single hex for each would be needed.

If not, would you be willing to share the file for the hexes so I could find a laser engraver who might be willing to do the job?
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Can't speak for him, but I don't think this has progressed any, especially since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I never received any additional hexes after the dreaded Envelope Incident™...
is still accurate.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Ahhh. Shame.

Oh well, I'll just print out art and stick them to spare glyph markers then.
Old March 25th, 2015, 09:36 AM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

If so, I was curious if it would be possible to get 5 hexes made. Each one different colored acrylic, with a different emblem engraved on each.
These would be for the Magic Arena of the Planeswalkers version of heroscape as a start space since the each player only begins the game with thier planeswalker in play. Only a single hex for each would be needed.

If not, would you be willing to share the file for the hexes so I could find a laser engraver who might be willing to do the job?
It might cost a bit, but you could probably get them 3D printed. If more people are interested you might be able to get a deal.
Old March 25th, 2015, 10:39 AM

I thought about the 3d printing. Id just clean up each piece to remove resolution lines then just cast them in resin for cheaper production.

Sadly, while I'm proficient with photoshop, I'm a noob with such CAD techniques.

I've just been working on making stickers using land art to replace glyph stickers. Magic has an enormous amount of art assets that do the trick until such time as I can find a good 3d alternative.
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:14 AM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I thought about the 3d printing. Id just clean up each piece to remove resolution lines then just cast them in resin for cheaper production.
Stickers are definitely more cost effective

Maybe we'll get around to some kind of production once this game is actually on the table.
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:44 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatimus View Post
Quote:

Maybe we'll get around to some kind of production once this game is actually on the table.
Honestly, I can say from experience that lasered acrylic is much cheaper than 3d-printed parts...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:44 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

You could laser that design recessed into the acrylic.
Old March 25th, 2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, I can say from experience that lasered acrylic is much cheaper than 3d-printed parts...
Good call. The cleanup is better too. Trying to get a 3d printed surface smooth without resin work is next to impossible.

I think just go through Litko. They do custom jobs of any type. Price is steep, but the quality is worth it.
Old March 25th, 2015, 07:33 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good call. The cleanup is better too. Trying to get a 3d printed surface smooth without resin work is next to impossible.

I think just go through Litko. They do custom jobs of any type. Price is steep, but the quality is worth it.
It's actually possible to smooth parts with a quick dip in acetone, if I recall correctly.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old March 26th, 2015, 06:03 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

In a 3d printed piece, the face touching the bed is quite smooth. If you printed these "logo" face down, you might achieve what you're looking for.

Acetone smoothing is done with the gases of it, not dipping. And it's actually smelting the piece, so it could be troublesome when trying to make it fit with others.
Old March 26th, 2015, 11:25 PM
C-Wedgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
In a 3d printed piece, the face touching the bed is quite smooth. If you printed these "logo" face down, you might achieve what you're looking for.

Acetone smoothing is done with the gases of it, not dipping. And it's actually smelting the piece, so it could be troublesome when trying to make it fit with others.
My bad, it's been a bit... I still would stand by lasered acrylic, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles