Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old April 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think such a thing would be best left in the hands of you maps guys, with about, say, five maps being produced for the cause and being tested with official figures and then with the units we produce as well at some point. We can discuss more parameters as we go along if it's something you're interested in. If you want to get a crew together for this and start a different thread (sorry for muddying this one up) I highly encourage it and will look in to make sure that we're all on the same page from time to time.
I am interested, and for the others who follow the BoM, here is a chance to get in on some Comic action! Stay tuned for a new thread in the Comic Hero section regarding C3G Maps and Scenarios...

...and now back to our regularly schedule program.

Current Status:
Updated: 4/30/09

Maps Currently being reviewed:

Skirmish Underneath the Park by tom
YES = 0 (); NO = 0 (); Pending = 4 (ET86, Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Vitm)
*Silver Surfer abstaining
*Double Map

Trouble At Scapecity Zoo by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Vitm, Spidysox, Peteparkerh, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Sub Base Bravo by Cavalier
YES = 1 (ET86); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh, Vitm); Pending = 2 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Jungle Lab (Secret lab 3.1) by Peteparkerh
YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 2 ( Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Peteparkerh cannot vote, his map
*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Museum of "Valuable Artifacts All Super Villians Want"by Jodokast
YES = 1 (ET86); NO = 0 (); Pending = 4 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's time for some long due votes and involvement.

Skirmish Underneath the Park: There are only 2 minor flaws I can see. First is that there is sand on the road (I told you it was minor). The second is a little less minor. Double spaced figures are limited to the level they start on. This in my opinion is minor because it will provide an army building challenge to players in these 2 on 2 battles. This map is the best of the best and gets a Yes from me.

Museum of "VAASVW": I vote Yes to review this map. the name needs a little shortening but other than that is is good. (Seriously try saying it 5 times fast.) A better name might be Museum of Dangerous Artifacts or Museum of Villainous Artifacts.

Trouble at Scapecity Zoo and Wayne Manor: These I will look closer at after Darkseid's Arrival is done.

Current Status:
Updated: 5/17/09

Maps Currently being reviewed:

Skirmish Underneath the Park by Tom
YES = 1 (Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 3 (ET86, Peteparkerh, Spidysox)
*Silver Surfer abstaining
*Double Map

Trouble At Scapecity Zoo by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Vitm, Spidysox, Peteparkerh, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Sub Base Bravo by Cavalier
YES = 1 (ET86); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh, Vitm); Pending = 2 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Jungle Lab (Secret lab 3.1) by Peteparkerh
YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 2 ( Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Peteparkerh cannot vote, his map
*Single Map

Wayne Manor by Joe5joe7
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (ET86); Pending = 4 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Vitm, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Museum of "Valuable Artifacts All Super Villians Want"by Jodokast
YES = 2 (ET86, Vitm); NO = 0 (); Pending = 3 (Peteparkerh, Spidysox, Silver Surfer)
*Single Map

Also Spidysox has not been on for 31 days so he, unfourtinately, is no longer a judge. Sorry Spidy but it's in the by-laws.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:05 AM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

For the record, I think the name is funny. That said, I have no problem whatsoever in changing it. "Jodokast's Museum" and "Marvel Museum" both jump to mind, though they are both dull. If you want to come up with something better, by all means go right ahead.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that name is awesome and tongue-in-cheek hilarious! But I'm a casual observer in this thread, so take it for what you will.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with jodokast and IAmBatman, Museum of "Valuable Artifacts All Super Villians Want" is a great name for a great looking map. No need to change it. People will most likely shorten it on their own to something like the Museum anyway.
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Deleted cause I'm a dope.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Last edited by spidysox; May 21st, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Spidy, I don't want you off the team. So I re-read the by-laws and I found this.

Quote:
SECTION 3: Self-governance
2. Judges will maintain their position unless:
a) They are not heard from by fellow judges on the official non-official Heroscape web site for a period of 31 days, or
b) They abstain for a total of three months or for three consecutive maps under review, whichever comes later.
You've been heard from by Pete. So I made a mistake and you are still a judge. You did however say you stepped down so it's your choice.

Sorry.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

What just happened here?
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:52 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
What just happened here?
Yeah, what he said!

I hate being out of the loop.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Checking in so I don't get kicked off.

Also, I have heard from Spidysox in the past 31 days.

Spidysox, I'm not letting you step down. I won't have anyone to play test these with.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; May 20th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
What just happened here?
Unfortunately, this was just me being a total dope and taking things to a stupid level that I should never have done.

I want to take a moment to apologize for acting like a dweeb. I do not wish to step down, I was simply writing without thinking and that was stupid and wrong.

Things are very busy in my life right now and unfortunately, I have little time for scape. Hopefully things will open up soon and I will get the opportunity to give this project some time. Until then I urge everyone to be patient and let things develop as they may.

Again, I apologize for my actions.

-spidy

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Hey all, I'm just dropping in to say please keep this thread going. I've been playing a lot with "under the el'" lately and I love this map.

Also I'm a big fan of my own version of the Sub Base map and I hope you all can tweak it enough to become a balanced BoM map (i think it needs to lose that double ladder tower entirely and provide additional ladder access on the other side).

Keep it coming guys!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios