Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 26th, 2019, 01:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Editing

I think that it feels more classic to allow the slingshot for simplicity's sake. Major X17 can hop on Theracus from behind and jump off over the head to get extra movement that way, which reminds me of this. I also like the idea of Ozuul being able to control gravity more directly, since it makes him feel more powerful.

As it stands, this reminds me more of some of the more complicated D&D designs rather than the simple powers of Rise of the Valkyrie. That feels more like an expansion to me than something that should be in a brand-new introductory set.

As to the utility of repositioning your own figures, I feel that mandating that the player uses Gravity Crush Special Attack after a Pull already does a good job of mitigating that. Combined with the fact that it only has a range of 2 spaces, I don't think it's very appealing to either move a bunch or your own commons forward and attack all of them or to move Ozuul only one space to move a single figure three spaces.
Old September 30th, 2019, 06:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Something much simpler could be...

Gravity Crush Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
All figures adjacent to Ozuul are affected. Blah blah blah.

Gravity Well
Opponent’s figures that are adjacent to Ozuul may not move.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 30th, 2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Again, going for simple here, rather than flashy.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:26 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Or simply moving one figure adjacent to him after moving & before attacking. Think Grimnak.
Old October 1st, 2019, 01:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Or simply moving one figure adjacent to him after moving & before attacking. Think Grimnak.
I don’t really have a problem with this, especially since it was a talking point at the start of the thread.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 1st, 2019, 02:01 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If we remove the "within 1 space" limitations, I don't think that there is a big difference in functional complexity between pulling one figure and pulling multiple.

The simplification to Gravity Crush is more interesting. A static number of 4-5 also helps Ozuul be more effective when only engaged to a handful of figures, which was one of the issues in our preliminary testing. I'm not sure that it's unreasonably complex to count the number of engaged figures, but this does feel like a justified simplification to me.
Old October 1st, 2019, 03:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How about
Quote:
GRAVITY PULL
After moving and before attacking, you may place each non-adjacent Small or Medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Ozuul to another empty space within 2 spaces of Ozuul. Figures moved with Gravity Pull will not take leaving engagement attacks. After using Gravity Pull, Ozuul must attack with Gravity Crush Special Attack this turn.
Simplifies rules a bit but keeps with themed. Yes you can slingshot a friendly figure to the other side (so up to 5 spaces if you count 2-spaces of Ozuul) but I think it makes it more fun. Also, Gravity Crush would be more deadly if there was some kind of Cyberclaw that let people move around Ozuul but not disengage, or maybe steal from C3G Wonder Woman:
Quote:
GRAVITY ENGAGEMENT
If Ozuul rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with it, that figure may not leave the engagement with Ozuul this turn.
Old October 1st, 2019, 07:32 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I do like the idea of a Cyberclaw.
Old October 1st, 2019, 08:09 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Been thinking up other movement reducing or restricting powers. Nothing super solid yet, but how about:

WEIGHT OF ETERNITIES
(Opponent’s) figures within 4 spaces of Ozuul may not move onto a space that is not within 4 spaces of Ozuul.
Old October 1st, 2019, 08:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Been thinking up other movement reducing or restricting powers. Nothing super solid yet, but how about:

WEIGHT OF ETERNITIES
(Opponent’s) figures within 4 spaces of Ozuul may not move onto a space that is not within 4 spaces of Ozuul.
Now that's something that hasn't been done. I like the theme and mechanics of the OP, but this makes sense, too. Maybe paired with a simplified SA?

GRAVITY REND SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3/4.
All figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Ozuul are affected by Gravity Rend. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Although we lose out on the potential to buff Gravity Crush with Space Shrimp™ by them being extra tough against SA's (though this would still have an even softer synergy).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:09 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
How about
Quote:
GRAVITY PULL
After moving and before attacking, you may place each non-adjacent Small or Medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Ozuul to another empty space within 2 spaces of Ozuul. Figures moved with Gravity Pull will not take leaving engagement attacks. After using Gravity Pull, Ozuul must attack with Gravity Crush Special Attack this turn.
Simplifies rules a bit but keeps with themed. Yes you can slingshot a friendly figure to the other side (so up to 5 spaces if you count 2-spaces of Ozuul) but I think it makes it more fun. Also, Gravity Crush would be more deadly if there was some kind of Cyberclaw that let people move around Ozuul but not disengage, or maybe steal from C3G Wonder Woman:
Quote:
GRAVITY ENGAGEMENT
If Ozuul rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with it, that figure may not leave the engagement with Ozuul this turn.
I’ve always thought that this figure missed the boat with the gravity angle. It seems a little off. Stealing these powers from C3G Giant Man fits better in my opinion.

GIGANTIC REACH
Giant-Man may add 1 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than his height or 6 levels lower than his base.

GIANT SWAT
If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to Giant-Man, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives one wound, and you may place the figure on any unoccupied space within 2 clear sight spaces of Giant-Man. Figures can be affected by Giant Swat only as they move into engagement with Giant-Man. Figures moved by Giant Swat never take any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure will receive any falling damage that may apply.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:30 AM

I'm not a big fan of abandoning the gravity theme for a more generic big monster feel. It's an intimidating alien-like sculpt, and I think that gravity is a much more interesting design field for the "big bad" of the set.

How do we feel about taking this back to Design for the time being? It seems like we're thinking about more substantial changes than simplifications to Gravity Pull and Gravity Crush.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:52 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hear what you are saying but at the same time it's a big monster with 4 arms. The gravity theme kind of ignores that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm not a big fan of abandoning the gravity theme for a more generic big monster feel. It's an intimidating alien-like sculpt, and I think that gravity is a much more interesting design field for the "big bad" of the set.

How do we feel about taking this back to Design for the time being? It seems like we're thinking about more substantial changes than simplifications to Gravity Pull and Gravity Crush.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs