Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Zetacron

He wasn't saying he was 85 points(he's 60), he's referring to the cost to actually obtain one- not sure if 85 is accurate or not though.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Shoot! I've got a Zetacron I'll sell for 85 bucks! PM Me!

Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:39 PM

Boottrap has disabled reputation

Zetacron has always been one of my favorite heroes to play with...but I've just played the first game I've experienced where he nearly literally won the game for me...it was a three player game, and due to some bad decisions in army building and a combined assault from both of the other players, most of my army got wiped out before there were more than two or three others dead. Instead of finishing me off, the other two decided to go at each other for awhile, leaving my zetacron to snipe down anything that was close enough. In the end, I used him to hunt down the rest of the figures. The remainder of my army was a full set of 4th Mass, one Nakita Agent, and an Izumi Samurai, none of which did much of anything for the rest of the battle.
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Cat Attack Man is surprisingly tart

Took me a while but I finally found an affordable Aquilla's Alliance expansion. Now I look forward to playing Zetacron in my next outing. Have been thinking about a decent, semi-themed army from my collection and have come up with the following:

Zetacron
Taelord
Omnicron Snipers x2
Death Chasers
500 points

Taelord and the Death Chasers bond so they can both move up with one order marker (to get the aura going & assist with melee defence), while the ranged robots find the high ground and ping to their hearts content.

Last edited by Cat Attack Man; November 14th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old November 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Attack Man View Post
Took me a while but I finally found an affordable Aquilla's Alliance expansion. No I look forward to playing Zetacron in my next outing. Have been thinking about a decent, semi-themed army from my collection and have come up with the following:

Zetacron
Taelord
Omnicron Snipers x2
Death Chasers
500 points

Taelord and the Death Chasers bond so they can both move up with one order marker (to get the aura going & assist with melee defence), while the ranged robots find the high ground and ping to their hearts content.
I'm sorry to tell you this but the Death Chasers of Thesk do not bond with Taelord. The Death Knights of Valkrill, however, do bond with Taelord; perhaps they were the ones you meant to reference?
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:49 AM

Yes indeed, I did mean the death knights, ugly sculpts that they are.
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:08 AM

So I played that army above on the w/e. Came third, out of three. Zetacron carried his weight, as did the Death Knights (surprisingly). The Soul Weapons proved very handy. Taelord did little other than supply his aura and cause a wound or two, though he was my 2nd last surviving figure. It was probably the Omnicorn Snipers that let me down, with poor skull-rolling their achilles heel. I did lose two of the six before I had my first turn however, so I suppose it's not entirely their fault.
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I took him to my NHSD event. I had Finn too and their were some +1 attack wards on our battlefields so I was pretty exited about having him kick some butt. I didn't have much luck with him the first couple of games I played though, he just died too quickly and I rolled poorly on a few shots. But on my last game everything came together and he dominated. I was rolling 5 dice for him and getting 4 or 5 skulls (8 and 10 hits). He took down several heros with just one shot. It was a thing of beauty, I just wish it would have all come together like that a little more often. Still for only 60 points, he is a solid pick up if you know you can get him a few boosts at some point.
What kind of a screen did you have?
Old February 27th, 2012, 01:14 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have been looking for a cheap Zetacron, as I just bought all 5 Flagbearers at a good price, and I was thinking about an army that solely got Zetacron to do massive damage. The best I could currently think of, at 500, is this:

Zetacron 60
3x Repulsors 120
Taelord 180
Finn 80
Brave Arrow 50
Isamu 10

Total 500, 18 spaces.

This coupled with height could get Zeta throwing down 4 extra dice on nonadjacent enemies, and 5 dice on enemies that both it and BA are adjacent to. That's a potential damage output of 12-14!

The flaws I see are the repulsors getting taken out early, or the opponent skips over Finn. Anything with greater range will run rings around this army, but Zeta is on the upper tier of range. Most squad based armies (4th mass, stingers) will be taken out too slowly by Zeta for it to work out for him.

Then again, it would work wonders against a unit like Krug, where the repulsors can screen him while Zeta takes pot shots of 4-7 dice, with double damage, on his two defense.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:32 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
I have been looking for a cheap Zetacron, as I just bought all 5 Flagbearers at a good price, and I was thinking about an army that solely got Zetacron to do massive damage. The best I could currently think of, at 500, is this:

Zetacron 60
3x Repulsors 120
Taelord 180
Finn 80
Brave Arrow 50
Isamu 10

Total 500, 18 spaces.

This coupled with height could get Zeta throwing down 4 extra dice on nonadjacent enemies, and 5 dice on enemies that both it and BA are adjacent to. That's a potential damage output of 12-14!

The flaws I see are the repulsors getting taken out early, or the opponent skips over Finn. Anything with greater range will run rings around this army, but Zeta is on the upper tier of range. Most squad based armies (4th mass, stingers) will be taken out too slowly by Zeta for it to work out for him.

Then again, it would work wonders against a unit like Krug, where the repulsors can screen him while Zeta takes pot shots of 4-7 dice, with double damage, on his two defense.
Krug actually defends at three. Interesting army idea for Zetacron, btw. Looks like something that could be fun to try out sometime.
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The only problem I see with it, is that Zetacron can only take out 1 unit per turn. Even with his massive range, I don't think that's going to be enough...armies like rats/Q9 or rats/Nilf are successful becaue the heavy hitter can hit multiple units per turn. This kinda mimics those armies only without the multiple attacks...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Drop the repulsors and add Raelin and Theracus and you have interesting "Heroes Only" army.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units