Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker
Re: X-Men Origins (Wolverine movie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_shaman View Post
Movie was great!!! So glad it didn't follow the comic books. Why would I want to hear the same story twice? If I did I'd just reread the comics.

SPOILER ALERT!!!
I did see two plot holes however....

1. Wolverine dives from the helicopter into water. He's made of metal! He would have sank and drown.
2. Helicopter blows up.... twice

BTW who said they actually liked Spiderman 3!!! Are you kidding? One of the villains is made of sand and cannot be defeated, EVER!!! Venom's weakness was found in like .2 seconds too. That movie was practically a romantic comedy rather than an action movie (though spiderman comics always did bore me)
Good point, but I'll always like spiderman...as long as they don't mess it up too bad. Personally, I was very disappointed in Venom; his "face" kept opening and closing like an elevator, he came in at teh end, you couldn't enjoy Venom as Venom because of these two, and (most of all) they killed Brock! That is the biggest blunder in all superhero movies! The only thing bigger is if they killed off Aunt May or Peter or (going off a bit) Bruce Wayne or Wolverine! I mean, Brock has been almost as much a staple of teh story as the web-slinger himself!...It was still a cool movie.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

You know what's so funny? I've never even seen Wolfey's movie, but various things ask for my attention anyways. Huh.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_shaman View Post
1. Wolverine dives from the helicopter into water. He's made of metal! He would have sank and drown.
Actually, if you looked closely, it kind of looked like he skipped across the top of the water.
Ships are also made of metal and they float just fine...It's a question of how much air Wolverine's lungs hold compared to how heavy he is...

Any other super-secret endings?

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The wife and I saw this today and we enjoyed it. I didn't really dig the Weapon XI/Deadpool guy at the end, though it was an awesome fight. It kind of felt like they borrowed from Heroes (ironically since Heroes seems to be kind of based on X-Men with good mutant/bad mutant conflict as well as certain groups of humans trying to eliminate them/use them) by creating a "Sylaresqe" bad guy that has culmative stolen powers to make them super badass.

I could have had one less Wolvie/Victor fight if it meant more time devoted to other characters in the movie or a deeper focus on their relationship, something deeper to indicate how close they had once been in taking care of each other and making it more painful for them to grow different/appart. I know they alluded to their commeraderie early in the movie when they fought in the wars together, but they could have just as easily been buddies as brothers they way they showed it (though I did like the way they showed them in the different wars and the freeze frame shots were cool).

I'm not such a nitpick to say that I didn't enjoy the movie for the most part, but it could have been a better quality film that I would have enjoyed even better. It could have been another fifteen minutes longer and been cooler.

I really did like Gambit and Wade Wilson. Agent Zero was pretty cool too. Wraith was kind of a lame Nightcrawler wannabe.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's the error I saw. They inject Wolverine with the Adamantium and then say he's invincible now let's wipe his memory clean. Then Wolverine gets up and they try to shoot him with bullets that they just said would have no effect on him and act surprised about it. Then Stryker sends Agent Zero, who is shown as a master gunman, to kill Wolverine. After he fails Stryker's like "oh yeah I have these Adamantium bullets, the only thing in the world that can stop him." Why didn't he give Agent Zero those bullets?

The only reasonable reason is that he wanted Agent Zero to die, but I don't think he did.

I would reccomend paying no more than 1 dollar to watch this, unless you're some kind of hundredaire with cash to blow.
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM

The_Finder has disabled reputation

I thought the movie was entertaining. I am a big comics guy, but as I have aged I have learned to not get so uptight about stuff that is out of my control. So while I would have liked a more "Comic True" movie, I still found the movie to be entertaining.

One thing is about the Drinking to remember scene. I don't even understand that line....trying to remember what? And how does drinking help that?

But the thing with Wolverine is that he cannot get drunk. His super healing will prevent the alcohol from being absorbed into his system. Actually his systme would still absorb the alcohol, it just wouldn't be able to affect him in anyway as his healing would correct any change in his body chemistry (ie too much booze).

And he does have super senses too. He should have been able to tell that the girl was faking.

And at the end when she tells the guy to walk until his feet start to bleed....but isn't he on an island? Where is he going to walk to? Did she just want him to walk into the bay? I can dig that, but why say till his feet bleed.....I must have mis-heard that line..

Now that I think about it, this movie is alot like Lost. The less you think about it, the more you will enjoy it.

A young boy puts a feather into his mouth...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies