Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old January 4th, 2010, 07:32 PM

emperorkrog is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Anyone find plastic sky scrapers?

I checked a lot of forums but can't seem to find anyone thats found good plastic or wood sky scrapers? I don't really wan't to use paper ones or make ones out of foam. I want to make a city map. Could just be buildings also I guess, doesn't have to be sky scrapers.
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Anyone find plastic sky scrapers?

Custom Buildings/Terrain for Marvel With Pics
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

There's always the Girder and Panel sets

http://www.bridgestreettoys.com/

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

You could also check on model train scenery.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:36 AM

Has anyone found model train cities? I pretty much just want to goto a web site click buy on a bunch of buildings put felt hexes on the roof and call it good =)
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Look for any train stuff of the "HO" scale- that translates to roughly 25mm scale (Heroscape is 28mm).

Any train shop (you'd be surprised how many there are- there was one across the street from our grocery store and I didn't even know until last week- and we've lived here 3 years) has TONS of great stuff for your gaming boards.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Just google "model train scenery buildings" or something similar, and you should be able to get a good feel for what is out there. If you like what you see take a figure to a place that sells the stuff so you can get a good feel for scale. I reference this page a lot. There is a set with a couple phone booths, mail boxes, fire hydrants and garbage cans that a lot of people use that is "O" scale. According to that page "O" is equivalent to about 37mm. The pieces in that set look pretty good, but "O" scale people they were selling are bigger than Heroscape figures. They look like they would be closer to 37mm. Some of the "O" buildings that I looked at (I was at Hobby Lobby today) seemed about right, but I didn't have any Heroscape figures on me to really get a good feel for it. I don't think they had any "HO" so I don't know how they compare. One thing that might be a problem is most (if not all) model train buildings are more rural and/or older stuff.
EDIT: This scale comparison chart is a lot cleaner.

Last edited by Agent Minivann; January 8th, 2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

The majority is going to look a bit dated, that's true. But you should be able to find a decent supply of fairly modern stuff.

Yeah, O scale definitely works as well- it's interesting because the scale really varies greatly depending on the manufacturer.

Wiki excerpt:

Even in model railroading, the term HO can be stretched. Some British producers have marketed railway accessories such as detail items and figures, as "HO/OO" in an attempt to make them attractive to modelers in either scale. Sometimes the actual scale was 00, sometimes it split the difference (about 1:82). These items may be marketed as H0, especially in the US. In addition, some manufacturers or importers tend to label any small-scale model, regardless of exact scale, as H0 scale in order to increase sales to railroad modelers. The sizes of "H0" automobiles, for example, from different manufacturers, can vary surprisingly.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:03 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You'll want "O" scale to use with Heroscape figures.

I have extensive collection of "O" scale buildings that I use for minaitures gaming.
It's going to be either 1/48th or 1/43 but it looks right.

"HO" is "Half O" and it's cheaper because it's tiny. It's way too small for Heroscape. "HO" is perfect for 15mm miniatures gaming.

Heroscape is LARGER than true 28mm. It seems influenced by Warhammer style miniatures with larger than life details and slightly cartoony proportions.

Last edited by Adam Souza; February 8th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:15 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Saw this and went hunting a bit. Found this, thought you might like.
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/lif/lif1851.htm
Also found this.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXENB3&P=FR
And this.
http://needtrains.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=3187
Going to order one of each for myself.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; March 1st, 2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I have those mailboxes/fire hydrants/phone booths/trash cans. Their really cool, just waiting for DO rules to get done sometime to use them. But in the meantime, they look cool on the map.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:56 PM

I'm looking for something like this

Doesn't seem like anyone knows a site to find stuff like this, I gave up looking =P If anyone ever does buy/build a city let me know what you used.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios