Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
Faith No More to REUNITE!

For anyone who cares, the bay area super group Faith No More will reunite this summer to perform for the first time in 11 years.

Unfortunately, it looks like they will only tour through Europe.

Regardless, this is awesome news and hope for a future FNM record! (though that probably won't happen)

I'm getting my passport in order and breaking out some savings because this will be a phenomenal event.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM

John Smith has disabled reputation
Re: Faith No More to REUNITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
For anyone who cares, the bay area super group Faith No More will reunite this summer to perform for the first time in 11 years.

Unfortunately, it looks like they will only tour through Europe.

Regardless, this is awesome news and hope for a future FNM record! (though that probably won't happen)

I'm getting my passport in order and breaking out some savings because this will be a phenomenal event.
Awesome news. I can only hope for a new album.

Favorite song is still "Kindergarten"

"It'll hurt if i do"
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

I have to say that I am very happy they got back togather, good music from the good old days of high school. I really hope that they put out a sound like "King for a day fool for a life time" that was a really good CD.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

FNM is no joke...I saw them quite a few years back in San Jose and they were the shizzy.

I still say Patton was a douche for trying to go solo....

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:13 AM

It looks like they are leaning more and more toward a US tour, but nothing confirmed yet. It might just be a few festivals, hopefully Lollapalooza, since it's 40 minutes from my house.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These guys were the original rap-metallers! They were rap metal before Korn, Limp Bizkit, and all the rest made it cool. And FNM was way better at it than any of those others could ever hope to be!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
These guys were the original rap-metallers! They were rap metal before Korn, Limp Bizkit, and all the rest made it cool. And FNM was way better at it than any of those others could ever hope to be!
Booyaakasha!

I am very excited, but a few other Patton-ites I know of are none too pleased, believing he has "sold out".

Then I just play them songs from the new Chris Cornell album with Timbaland and remind them how bad it could be.

Also, TNT, my great friend, Patton is no Douche. FNM was a mutual split due to lack of exposure in their final years. I have met with and spoken to Roddy Bottum many times and his take is that they all had their own route to travel.

Patton has made some of the greatest music I have ever heard over the last 11 years, and I hope he'll do do for at least another 11, with as many projects as possible.

Old April 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
For anyone who cares,
You bet we care a lot! Yeah!

Couldn't resist...

I nearly peed my pants when I heard the news. I wish I could hop on a plane a go see them across the pond, but alas, I cannot. I'm praying to several gods at the moment that they'll come to the states.

Also, Patton is composing the music for Crank 2. I thought that needed to be shared.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Also, Patton is composing the music for Crank 2. I thought that needed to be shared.
It is pretty awesome, but there are hardly any vocals on the entire record.

Old April 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post

Brandon
*cough* Anthrax *cough*
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:

Brandon
*cough* Anthrax *cough*
Admittedly, I've never listened to them much, so I wouldn't know...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:

Brandon
*cough* Anthrax *cough*
Agent Minivann, I will agree "I'm the Man" preceeded the "Real Thing" Album with Patton on vocals, but I don't think rap-metal was the only thing that made Faith No More, w/Mike Patton on vocals, great...it was their frickin diverse genre bending--no album sounds the same...and in many cases no two songs sound the same--with the exception of some tunes off of "The Real Thing."

I really, really, really hope they schedule some tour-dates in the states. It's been a while since I have seen them, even Patton, live. Lets see, I saw Fantomas when supporting the "Animation" CD. Before that it was two shows of Tomahawk (during the 1st CD and Mit Gas), and Mr. Bungle at Snow-Core. An actual FNM show would be awesome!

I remember hearing on the radio the day they chose to call it a day--back in 97/98. It was..."the day the music died"..."and they were singing," "Be Agressive, B-E-Agressive."

Oh yeah, a friend of mine flew to England for the first 2-3 shows...he planned it when the news broke--was it in March? I know the shows were in June...
Anyway, he has his own business so he could schedule such a thing.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; September 23rd, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music