Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Music: What are you listening to right now?

Here's a track I've been hearing a lot of lately (film soundtracks make up a generous portion of my day-to-day lineup).

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm, Hans Zimmer connection to Middle Earth included! Very tricksy, SoA.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I checked out Taylor Swift's new album today on grooveshark.com. It's pretty good pop music.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 7th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, Cap.

Spoiler Alert!

= =
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:49 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Have you heard it yet, D_S?

--
--
--

--
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

My daughter played me something of hers the other day. I imagine it was from the new album. I'll tell you the same thing I told her: I didn't much care for it, but it was much better than most other pop music.

Though nothing in that genre, in years, has rivaled Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass. That right there is a genuinely good song, in a genre I otherwise disdain.

= =
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
My daughter played me something of hers the other day. I imagine it was from the new album. I'll tell you the same thing I told her: I didn't much care for it, but it was much better than most other pop music.
I liked a couple of the songs, but overall I would say the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Though nothing in that genre, in years, has rivaled Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass. That right there is a genuinely good song, in a genre I otherwise disdain.
That is a great song, no question. It has been stuck in my head all day because I watched this last thing last night:

Courtesy of @Hahma , who shared it over in the HoSS Cantina.

--
--
--

--
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

That song was a very helpful tool in having a serious conversation with my daughter about the concept of body image. The message of that song - effectively and artistically delivered, in my humble opinion - is about having self respect and dignity. Soooo hard to deliver that message to a young lady.

Consider, for instance, the sinister opposite of All About That Bass: Selena Gomez's "Who Says." In that song, the movie and tv star, exotic and beautiful and pop music sensation, explains that you don't have to be perfect. Well, Selena, if *you* don't feel perfect, what the hell are the rest of the girls supposed to feel? Just how far from perfect is it ok to be, Selena? If you're not there, who the hell is? That song is the worst kind of messaging, packaging a demeaning sneer in the form of self-help.

So, yeah, I'm All About That Bass. It's a good song, too. That girl's got real singing chops, and you can see in the many covers that the music and melody hold up in different formats as well.

edit: Compare the "Who Says" line that "you don't have to be perfect" with this line, from AATB: "'Cause every inch of you is perfect, From the bottom to the top." That is the clear difference in messaging in a nutshell. So important.

= =
Old November 11th, 2014, 12:53 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I've been listening to a lot more "techno" since coming to college, however I'm generally really selective of what I listen to. Right now I'm listening to Money by Mystery Skulls.
Old November 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm doing some work at my home computer while this proto-prog rock plays in the background, keeping me from focusing.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music