Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of White Lantern (Hal Jordan) (breathing)

I think the Phoenix thing is a better fit on someone like Deadman.

If we really want to do the stat boost as well (I feel like there's plenty here to be excited about without it) I think you just want to make it not work on anyone who's already boosting their own. Maybe something like:

BRIGHTEST DAY
When a Unique Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of this White Lantern that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead would be destroyed, you may instead remove 1 white Battery Marker from this card. Ignore any wounds that figure would have received, and that figure is not destroyed. Then, if that figure does not have any white Battery Markers on their card, you may place the removed Battery Marker on their card. While your Battery Marker is on that figure's card, add one to that figure's Attack, Defense, and Life numbers.

It would still count double for other White Lanterns, but at least they'd have to be down to zero of their own Markers for that to work and at least it'd be a ceiling of +1 additional.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I feel like we don’t need to force some mold-breaking new thing here. I mean, a design that plays with Life numbers is already a pretty rare thing (this will be the 2nd), as is a design that can halt destructions. The Phoenix-style stuff* felt a bit like trying to be different just so we could say it’s different.

*I think you guys only discussed this on Discord, so probably best to fill everybody in. Someone mentioned the idea of doing them like the Jean Grey designs, where you could draft GL Hal and have him turn into WL Hal upon his destruction. There was discussion of doing specific versions for most of the big name WLs (Hal, Sinestro, Deadman, etc), as well as the idea of doing a “generic” WL that any unit could turn into upon destruction. That’s basically all the discussion there was, so none of you can complain about feeling left out.
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:29 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Like I said, I’m not gonna stand in it’s way or anything. Not gonna nay vote just because I don’t find it that interesting. But to me, a figure that has a set amount of markers that alter stats, and ultimately has to use them to save their own life or to protect others(Greens can protect themselves and those adjacent prior to rolling defense, Yellow just themselves, Blues can heal themselves and others, Indigos can protect after rolling as long as it’s not enough to destroy, Blacks if they were to be destroyed), is pretty standard plain Jane. Which to me, an Event Hero White Lantern should knock your socks off. It should feel special and like a big deal. But if they aren’t special and they are just as equal as all the others, then I suppose it’s fine.

Certainly not a bad design by any means, it’s just standard fare for what the various Lanterns already do, and I was hoping for something with a bit more “holy cow that’s awesome”. Markers adding to their own life is neat and all, but it’s essentially the same as just having them with higher life and no self healing, wrapped under the illusion of something unique. It’s neat, but only skin deep I guess.

Just my take. Perhaps it’ll change in time.
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I never intended to break the mold here, just make a powerful lantern design that hit the main themes of the whites. I'm pretty happy with MrNobody's latest draft (with a couple minor tweaks).

Slightly crazier idea: what about white Battery Markers adding to life only? We could do something where Hal has high base stats but the markers add to his life, and he can save people by putting a marker on their card, thus adding to their life. Would that have any more wow factor?
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That actually sounds cool. As much as I like the whole Lantern concept of modifying lots of stats, just modifying the one stat would make it a lot easier for him to share that boost with others.
Old September 24th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do WLs run out.of juice?
Old September 24th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't really have time to jump in here, but I think the basic idea of White Lanterns for me is that they all do really powerful, really funky stuff BUT that Hal is the most vanilla of them. Seeing him done here is sort of setting a baseline for me.

So I wouldn't want anything too crazy. Focusing on the "adding to his/others Life" feels interesting enough for me if we wanted to go in that direction.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

This is what I'm thinking. He's super strong at baseline and stays that way, but he can sacrifice his own extra life to save others, which increases their life. Or he can use the markers to just heal 1 wound overall from himself. Leading the Cavalry gives him factional leadership, leadership over whoever he saves, or just extra turns for himself because he's Hal.

Stats are equal to Green Lantern Hal's max.

Quote:
NAME = WHITE LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = HAL JORDAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = SAVIOR
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 9
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ???

WHITE LIFE BATTERY 4

Start the game with 4 white Battery Markers on this card. For the entire game, any figure you control except other White Lanterns adds one to its Life number for each white Battery Marker on its card. Before taking a turn with this White Lantern, you may remove a white Battery Marker from this card to remove 2 wound markers from this card.

BRIGHTEST DAY
When a Unique Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of this White Lantern that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead and does not have a white Battery Marker on its card would be destroyed, you may instead move 1 white Battery Marker from this card to that figure's card, ignore any wounds that figure would have received, and that figure is not destroyed.

LEADING THE CAVALRY 15
After taking a turn with this White Lantern, if he is engaged with at least one enemy figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may take one additional turn with any figure you control with a white Battery Marker on their card. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Arch-vile; September 24th, 2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: upped stats back to GL Hal's max
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Just A Head

Is there anything to do about Hal adding to other WL’s Life value? Also not loving that the Event Hero version can’t reach the heights of the regular version stat-wise.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Archie

Good catch. You know, you're probably right. There's nothing wrong with an event hero having ridiculous stats.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:45 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Does he need to be an Event Hero?

I like the leading the charge and boosting others’ life values. I think both of those excite me more on the design.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:52 PM
Just A Head

I mean, I feel like WLs are practically the definition of Event Heroes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library