Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
So as August winds down, do we have word on NHSD10? It's only in a month and a half, we usually are getting ready and discussing by now.
Here ya go - the offical notification for this year's NHSD event, Hexes in Texas 2010!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 28th, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

The Shootout thread is up.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, I had an idea for a tourney. I call it:

CONGRESS CHAOS

The idea is to allow units passed by the Competitive Unit Congress to be played at the tournament. From what I can tell the point of the Congress is to make units more fair/competitive. Like say if you want to use the Einar Imperium, you have to use the edited version. Likewise it would also be the case when using the Deathreavers. I think the formant could be successful. I can just picture it now:

Roman Archers x5 200 15
Realin 280 16
Keamon Awa 400 16

vs.

Nakitas 120 3
Gorillanators x2 300 9
Krav 400 12

This could be a great event. Thoughts?

Last edited by Tmac2200; January 13th, 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: (runs off to play that match)
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I bet this happens in the summer.

The problem with this thing is the learning curve.

But small tournaments are fun too.

(And usually free!)

I'm pretty much just waiting for Dignan to announce one.

Probably sometime after he finishes running the Shoot Out.

And the 5th annual team tourney.

And the Richardson Open.

Well maybe it will be next summer...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; January 14th, 2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Got to get Acorlah CUC'd by then!
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I bet this happens in the summer.

The problem with this thing is the learning curve.

But small tournaments are fun too.

(And usually free!)

I'm pretty much just waiting for Dignan to announce one.

Probably sometime after he finishes running the Shoot Out.

And the 5th annual team tourney.

And the Richardson Open.

Well maybe it will be next summer...
Yeah, a CUC event would be great for the summer. We'll have the Team Tournament and the Richardson Open in between. Then we'll get a nice CUC event.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have an idea I'd like to try for a glyph-grab tourney. 3-4-Player maps, heroes only, 10 start spaces. 6 treasure glyphs start on the board (2 of which are temp glyphs). The first player to control 4 glyphs in his start zone wins.

First, what do you think of that idea and second, what would be a good month to hold it?
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Sounds a lot like Treasure Quest form Gencon 2010 but it had just a low hex limit rather than limiting to just heroes.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds alright, but I would rather put the limit on hexes, instead of mandating heroes only.

Or could there possibly be an incorporation on the Wandering Monster format that tom ran here? I really like that concept, and it sure sounds like it could be something fun to incorporate into one of our tournaments.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; January 17th, 2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like that format too, rym. You should totally run that tournament.

Ry, is there some facet of the format I proposed yall worked out to be unfun/unbalanced while creating the Treasure Quest? It is similar in that they're both about hunting down glyphs but the rest (most notably a multiplayer format) changes things a lot.

And I can compromise on limiting squads. 600 points, 10 spaces ought to do it. I really want to see some big monster battles!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM

Team tourney thread is up.

Nothing is set in stone. Feel free to offer your thoughts on any of the parameters.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Team tourney thread is up.

Nothing is set in stone. Feel free to offer your thoughts on any of the parameters.
Thanks, Dignan, for the posting here. I'll be there, unless something really terrible happens (like the world coming to an end).
Old March 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM

FYI, I started a thread to discuss the restricted list that get used at local event. If you want to change the list, hop over there and voice your opinion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events