Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 25th, 2015, 12:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Expansion Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'll be surprised if this isn't broken up into pieces. I hope they at least keep uniques separate from non-uniques (though we'll see how they package that to not have it clutter up the store shelves).

If they are blister packs they will probably be divided by color and have a planeswalker plus cards, and then two common squads, or a common squad and a common hero.
Old August 25th, 2015, 12:13 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I'd be surprised if they went with anything other than large box expansions.
They would likely do a Planeswalkers/unique squad box as the initial expansion release. Maximize sales for more content since everyone wants more, and ensure unique squad product doesn't lie on the shelves for too long.
Then do a common squad/hero box.
Large box expansions have the bonus of more varied content and removes the "everything from the wave is on the shelf, except the pack I'm looking for".

I'll buy the expansions no matter how they are packaged, but going back to the way Heroscape did it had some fundamental flaws that should never be repeated for the sake and health of the game.
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:56 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Boom: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/news-0...ion-is-coming/
Old August 28th, 2015, 05:36 PM

Salparadise is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Awesome news!!! But... the spell cards they showed were from the base set
Old August 28th, 2015, 05:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

They've got over 4 months to tease the rest of the expansion. But I imagine we'll see most of it this weekend.
Old August 28th, 2015, 05:46 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a little afraid of having dual color planeswalkers. In the card game having multiple colors can be tricky because you have to spread out your mana base. There is no such thing in this game and it just allows you to pick whatever you want. Hopefully they manage to balance it but I can't imagine it will be, lol. We'll see what squads and army possibilities will be though because Kiora is more expensive than Jace or Nissa.
Old August 28th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I feel like they'll just balance it by making gold walkers more expensive.

Great choices for expansion characters, both really break the mold compared to "four humans and an elf that looks human." Though I like human Ob Nixilis a lot better than his demon form, stylistically, so maybe not.
Old August 28th, 2015, 06:13 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

MSRP $19.99. Its a box that looks smaller than the main set. It contains two Planeswalkers, Ob Nixilus, a Black demon looking guy, and Kiora the Rising Tide, a Blue and Green water elf lady. Both planeswalkers will come with spells and squads.
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I wonder if they will initially furnish spells and squads of both colors for the new two color Planeswalker, Kiora. That could give us more stuff, and allow some deck building, etc. My guess is not, because that would make her unbalanced compared to the rest for now. But if she costs more, we can hope they might. If not, she could deck build in games without other PWs of her colors!
Old August 29th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I'm a little disappointed that we are not receiving new squads for every color, especially since I don't think new Planeswalkers are necessary at this stage in the game, but still, expansions are exciting. It's cool that we will probably get new spells for both Blue and Green, so the expansion will change three colors for sure.
Old August 29th, 2015, 02:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I think when I pick up this game, I'll just play on Heroscape terrain. It is elite to cardboard in every way.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 29th, 2015, 04:26 PM

shmet Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I think when I pick up this game, I'll just play on Heroscape terrain. It is elite to cardboard in every way.
Too right. Cardboard does have fast set up time, but I always end up feeling like I'm playing on just about the same map every game. What I really hope to see from expansions are terrain packs.

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion