Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 14th, 2022, 04:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

My plan, tentatively, is to hold the draft here on this thread. I have determined that the order of draft shall be chas, Taeblewalker, Sherman Davies, and I. Then I'd like to get in three games with the same armies, but with different pairings. And, of course, as usual, the Community is invited to comment . . .

Old July 14th, 2022, 06:49 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

TIMES SQUARE SUBWAY BATTLE - GAME #1 HIGHLIGHTS

The Ninja Turtles and their fellow vigilantes prepare for battle against Shredder and his ninja/monk allies beneath the streets of New York City:

The Turtles clash with Master Woo and the Shaolin Monks as Daredevil leaps across the tracks:

Daredevil and the Turtles face off against Shredder while Iron Fist and Patriot try a flanking manuever against the Hand Ninjas:

Leonardo and Michelangelo assault the enemy subway platform guarded by Elektra, but not without cost:

In a final, desperate attack, Elektra assassinates Splinter and Daredevil, but is taken down by Psylocke and Michelangelo:

Unfortunately, no one was hit by a passing train in this game, possibly because both Good and Evil teams featured enough mobility to move to safety in time, with the Ninja Turtles and Hand Ninjas all having Phantom Walk, the Shaolin Monks having Stealth Leap, etc...

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 14th, 2022 at 07:31 PM.
Old July 14th, 2022, 07:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a great time!

Old July 14th, 2022, 09:36 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I expect a future report concerning Captain Britain's initial charge across the platform, after we turned the map 45 degrees, to kill Cyclops in one turn - and his subsequent unfortunate (for him) encounter with an oncoming express train.

Meanwhile, I've been looking more closely at the C3G Cards in anticipation of our Snake Draft. There are a plethora of cool mechanics among them, and my initial opinions, as to which Cards to draft when, have undergone significant revisions. It should be fascinating, as should the game(s) themselves. Prepare to be surprised!

Old July 15th, 2022, 06:44 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

TIMES SQUARE SUBWAY BATTLE - GAME #2 HIGHLIGHTS

For the second game, kolakoski and I stayed teammates because chas and Ishmel wanted a rematch against the same opponents. I decided to play as the Ninja Turtle army again because they performed well enough in the first game that I was concerned that Splinter, who is a re-skin of SoV's Kantono Daishi, might make the TMNT army a bit too effective, given that Kantono was designed to assist the less-than-impressive Classicscape ninjas and my Turtles customs are designed to fall within the B- to B+ range.

kolakoski's Good Army: Deathstroke, Deadpool and Solomon Grundy

Spoiler Alert!

chas' Evil Army: Gorilla Grodd, Lizard, Luke Cage, Isamu

Spoiler Alert!

IshMEL's Evil Army: Doctor Doom, Zombies of Morindan x 5

Spoiler Alert!

The Ninja Turtles team up with Deadpool, Deathstroke and Solomon Grundy against Dr. Doom, Gorilla Grodd and their legion of zombies and hired guns:

Deadpool opens fire on the advancing zombies while the Turtles charge the enemy platform:

Raphael and Michelangelo fall and the remaining Turtles are repelled and forced to retreat to their sensei, while Dr. Doom and Luke Cage press the attack on Deadpool:

Doom and Cage defeat the Merc With a Mouth, but a speeding train crushes some of their zombie minions:

With Luke Cage heading home to count his earnings, Dr. Doom assaults the remaining heroes, defeating a third Ninja Turtle but falling to Solomon Grundy's might:

The Good Team (me and kolakoski) ended up winning again, this time on points as chas and IshMEL decided to concede a little early. I was glad to see the Turtles do worse in this game, as they faced more ranged attacks than in the first game, as well as more special powers that countered some of their strengths. The scenario's subway train rule did manage to destroy a few zombies in this game, but their impact on the game did not end up being how much damage they did, but rather how they influenced movement as figures crossed the map. The subway train rule did do more damage in the third game, which chas and kolakoski won, when I made a tactical error and left my Captain Britain figure vulnerable, but I didn't take any photos of the third game. @IshMEL took all that game's photos, so they might still pop up in this thread in the future.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; November 11th, 2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old July 15th, 2022, 07:02 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski,

So you're saying that I'm teamed up with the third drafter, Sherman Davies?

PS: For the report about Capt. Britain you request, see my long upthread post, which covers some of all three games!
Old July 16th, 2022, 10:27 AM

Well met!

For 8/10 scenario: Deleted Tomoe Gozan and Red Robin, and added Raza Longknife and Stick.

Old July 17th, 2022, 01:10 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Both printed out. Don't forget to list Points, please.
Old July 17th, 2022, 06:32 PM

If we're doing a draft, I think looking at the cards would be easier than reading a wall of text:

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to this year's Order of the Snake Invitational Martial Arts Team Fighting Competition. Once again, no one refused our invitation to compete. Of course, little arm twisting (as though we'd even think of twisting these folks' arms) is needed to attract the best when the prize is Your Own Personal Planet! So . . .

Without further ado, let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuble!!!!!!!!!!"

The Map: Dignan's Can't stop the jungle . . . The Glyphs will be Powerless, remain Power side down, and have no significance except as discussed in Victory Conditions below.

The Play: 4 Players, 2 Teams. Snake Draft. Given the intimate nature of the Start Zones on the Map, Armies will be placed on the Map as follows (paraphrasing the Official Rules):

Teams roll to see which Team places an Army on the battlefield first. Re-roll ties. The highest rolling Team will choose one of its Player's to place his entire Army first; then the other Team chooses one of its Player's to place his entire Army; then the highest rolling Team's remaining Player places his entire Army; then the other Team's remaining Player places his entire Army. Players must place their entire armies in their own Start Zones.

Victory Conditions: At the end of 10 Rounds, the Team with the most
Victory Points (VPs) wins. A Team receives one VP for each figure remaining on the Map, and one VP for each Glyph occupied by one of its figures.

Sudden Death:
In the event of a tie, all remaining figures are removed from the Map. Place them on the Map as though beginning a new game. They must be placed on the center eight (four-per-Team) Start Zone spaces. [I cannot believe there could possibly be a need for more by then.]They may not move into or through any hex that is more than two hexes from a Water hex. At the most, three Rounds will be played. At such time that another figure is killed, the game immediately ends, and the Team with the most figures remaining wins. If that doesn't happen by the end of three Rounds, the Team with the fewest points remaining wins.

The 16 C3G Cards:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 19th, 2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 17th, 2022, 10:11 PM

Well met!

Thanks so much for this! Could you also insert a picture of the Map, so the Sudden Death rules will be understood?

Thanks again!

Last edited by kolakoski; July 18th, 2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old July 18th, 2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Thanks so much for this! Could you also insert a picture of the Map, so the Sudden Death rules will be understood?

Thanks again!

It would help if you would post a link to said map.
Old July 18th, 2022, 08:30 PM

Well met!

Absolutely! And I woulda if I coulda. As I said initially, I can’t post links either. It’s way down scrolling among Dignan’s maps.

Thanks again . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion