Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Problems.

Hello everybody.

As some may know, life can get difficult at times. There can be ups. There can be downs. Sometimes it is just plain good, sometimes it makes you want to do something terrible. Point being, this world is a roller-coaster, unpredictable as anything.
My personal experiences in the last few months have not been the best of my relatively short existence. My family's financial situation has not gotten better, and it was never anything to smile at in the beginning. If anything, it's gotten worse. On top of that, my immediate family, which has always managed to stay together despite an uncomfortable home situation, will split in two in a few months time. Meanwhile, my grades in school continue to slip as pressure at home affects what goes on there, and vice versa. I have to deal with these things.
These things are seriously impacting the way I view HeroScape. I have loved this game since the beginning, and since joining the community, I have only enjoyed it more. But as I look back on posts I've made here in the past months, I can see a pattern. Previously, my posts were motivated by creativity, or opinion, and the like. Now, they are a product of spontaneity, and mostly worthless garbage. I can't seem to pull it together and stop myself from posting random drivel that makes no sense.
Perhaps my emotions are affecting my judgement, (who am I kidding, of course my judgement is affected, didn't I just say as much).
Some people in my life has said that my enjoyment of the game and especially this community has now moved into an obsession. I look back on my behavior, and I realize they are right. My social, academic, and home situations are impacting what happens online, and this self-destructive spontaneous behavior has to stop, right now. Because I can see that my time on this site has become a way to vent, to release emotions that should not impact everybody on-site. If this post seems erratic and wavering, it reflects my current state of mind.
I don't know if this is going to help at all, but as of today, I'm going to stop visiting this site. I'm going to stop playing 'Scape. I'm going to stop coming up with cruddy custom ideas, and lousy literature.
I'm not leaving forever. I don't think I could live with that. But the next months will be some of the hardest of my life, and I can't balance this community and my real-world life in such a way that both will keep their meaning to me. I will not return for some time, at least for the duration of the schoolyear, if not longer.
If I can't stay away and get my life in some order, I suppose that shows how weak a person I am. It will show that I simply can't deal with a tough situation and hold true to what I believe in, self-control and dignity. I refuse to become someone that posts mindless drivel, and a person that lets things have such a large impact on them that their emotions go haywire.
I'm going to cut this meaningless post off now, and say goodbye for now. If all goes as I hope, you all will not hear from me for some time.

Many thanks for the time I've spent here, to everybody on the site,

~Son of Arathorn
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Problems.

Wow.
Sorry if this seems offensive, but:

I feel like you may be overreacting to your situation. I understand that what you are going through in your personal life is hard, but quitting something you enjoy doing will just make things worst.

I honestly believe that people really don't care that much if your posts on a website are not perfect, nobody's are. Also, I noticed you posted this right after one of your custom's was declined for SoV, and I believe that sort of fueled you to post this.

You have to ignore a few mistakes. I think you customs are actually really sweet and innovative, some of the better that I've seen on the sight. And while I haven't read the stories you've mentioned I could imagine they would be interesting and enjoyable as well.

You may think that I am just some random person masked behind a user name on a website, and you have all the reason to think that because it is the truth.

But I believe continuing to play Heroscape and visit this site can help you through hard times, rather than as you've said, make them harder. Heroscape is something to enjoy, possibly to keep your mind off of what is going on in you're real life.

Well, I hope that I may have changed you're outlook on the situation and if not, so be it. Your decisions are you're own, I'm just a kid trying to help out another kid through the medium of a boardgame.
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow,I'm sad to see you go In my experience you have been a great person to talk to,And I enjoyed your feedback in my mods thread....
I have never noticed you "venting" I hope things start looking up for you guys

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm really, really sad to see you go SoA.

Through the time that I met you on this site, up through now I feel like you're one of the people that I've worked with most heavily. With the LotR customs project, Raids of Valhalla, your customs and even the Fanfic section, you are easily one of the members that I feel their presence most, and have enjoyed their contributions.

I really hope that you read this and know that your RoV judging spot is still available for when you want to have it back.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

I have to agree with the rest of the posts here. I feel that you were one of the most welcoming people here since I've joined the site. You've made some great customs that I've enjoyed, and your feedback on my maps was appreciated. Very few people checked them out, and you're one of the ones who did. That did not go unnoticed. I've also never noticed any venting or spontaneity. And if I did, is that really such a bad thing? This is a really amazing community, and a better place to vent than most. I really hope you change you mind about this and come back to heroscapers. Just these comments catell you why you've made a mistake. we're here for you, and I really hope you read this sooner rather than later.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Everyone is here for you, SoA.

Unload your stuff in this thread. Let it all out and make yourself feel better. Anyway we can help you make it through this tough time, we will.
Old February 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Hey, I had lots of crap going on in my life this past year, and I know that I acted a bit arse-like during those times (And had to apologize to some people), but just ride it through. We're all here for ya. If you think it's best if you tone down your posts, fine. But totally leaving won't help anything.

So basically: Limiting might help; leaving your friends on this site won't.
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I can see the wisdom of avoiding obsessive behavior. That said, perhaps if you promise to only check in once a week, maybe Saturday afternoon, that would allow you to keep things in perspective.

But do what is right for you! We will all miss you.

Old February 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And any time you feel like you're posting too much ... just remember, you're not me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
And any time you feel like you're posting too much ... just remember, you're not me.

SoA it sounds like you could use some counseling from a professional and that isn't a bad thing. I personally believe everyone could benefit from it. If you can't afford such a service would check around in your area for low cost counseling services. Often they may exist for no or a low very nominal fee.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As a rule of thumb I look for good advice in these types of threads from TW, who is professionally trained in such matters. Looks like he didn't disappoint, and neither did robbdaman. Wise words from both of them.

I already responded to some of this, in a different context in a different thread, but I'll repeat here what I wrote there and what I said in a different way privately:

a. Don't worry about us.
b. We aren't going anywhere.
c. Kick some ass and
d. Take care of yourself.

Don't get dispirited over stuff like this. If you want to see "obsessive relationship with Heroscapers," check out myself, or Griffin, or (very sad case) Bats, as he says.

You're ok, but sometimes people who are ok can use help, as TW and robbdaman said.

You are a student. I would strongly, strongly encourage you to reach out to a trusted authority at your school and let them know you are struggling.

It's not something you have to fight on your own.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Of course even I took six months off of Scapers to do my Master's Thesis.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General