Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 1st, 2022, 04:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Can we just please wait until it is over to say it is over??....please?? There is not point in being doom and gloom about it while it is still going on.

If (when if you prefer) it fails, we will have plenty of time to sort the fall out after.

Autopsies are done after something is dead, not while it is still fighting for life.
@Rÿchean has it right, at this point all the rehash isn't helping anything other than to turn people off. I'll admit to having a negative toned post or two toward the beginning of the campaign, but now it's all just coulda woulda shoulda. If you're in, great. If you're out, not great, but I respect your reasons, we all have our line in the sand.

I don't have much reach on the socials, but I share everything I can that I think makes sense. Maybe it will reach one or two others and convince them to back. I even tread into the FB group, which admittedly isn't great, some folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining (a disposition I am so very grateful not to have). I've posted what I think are good points, thumb things I think deserve it and try to add to the + energy. Be part of the + energy.

-insert signature here-
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:36 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The real big reason I haven't bought this package is its very bloated with a substantial price tag. I don't want any terrain, extra castles, don't need extra samey dice markers, etc. There should have been a smaller buy in, and go up from there. Heck, they could even keep the "all in" option they have now as well.
I did a YT reaction video shortly after the campaign website hit, and these words were basically my live reaction to what I saw - and I didn't know the price or pretty much anything about it other than Heroscape was coming back up until the moment I opened the site.

Even now, I struggle immensely with tossing $250 at the box of goods when the only things I'm truly interested in are the new figures and cards. I would easily toss $100 for figures + cards, I don't want all of the other stuff, my scape collection has been complete to my taste for the last 5+ years.

If I still wanted jungle and castle pieces, though, the $250 price tag is easier to swallow. I looked up ebay prices for just the jungle set and it was easily over $150... My goodness. I cringe to think what that one maligned Heroscape store sets their jungle prices at, then.
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:47 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@brak88 , the point I raised wasn't that it wasn't a decent value. The value is fine when you break it down. Its that it's bloated with a bunch of things I don't want or need. I'm the kind of wargamer that has to justify what I pick up due to usability and storage space.
Right on. I just thought with what you had listed, you were only interested in the figures themselves. If you don't want all of the units, then yeah it's a big pill to swallow. I personally use a lot of proxies and have figures double, triple or even quadruple other figures if they're a similar shape/sculpt to keep everything in two tubs in a closet. Space and wallet space is not infinite for sure. It's why I don't have any more than two of any common squad.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 1st, 2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:48 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I have a lot of terrain, I want to replenish it with fresh and new terrain pieces because the old ones are becoming brittle. If pieces are crumbling now, what will it be like 5-10 years from now if AoA fails? We're going to start to run into more serious issues
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
While I have a lot of terrain, I want to replenish it with fresh and new terrain pieces because the old ones are becoming brittle. If pieces are crumbling now, what will it be like 5-10 years from now if AoA fails? We're going to start to run into more serious issues
IIRC Trex is the rare breed that just plays Heroscape on more traditional wargaming terrain setups and doesn't use the Heroscape terrain for the most part.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:55 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe it's possible to laminate AOTP boards so you can just dry erase other terrain colors with markers and right down their height changes. Plenty of outside the box ideas to come up with in the need of alternative terrain ideas.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 1st, 2022, 05:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Could you guys who want to pick over the bones of this project please do that elsewhere? I totally understand and welcome the feedback from all perspectives. That is partly what this thread is for, as I see it.

But you can take your sad “well what’s next after this flames out” posts somewhere else, please. It seems to me to be a different subject.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 1st, 2022, 06:39 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll hold out hope even if success seems unlikely. If scape has taught me anything, it's that the game isn't over till all the dice have been rolled and the last wound has been dealt. Sometimes Isamu makes all his vanish rolls then kills the Deathwalker for the win.
Old November 1st, 2022, 06:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
At first, I thought we could all try to predict what day (date) it would be fully backed at 8000. Now it looks like we should all try to predict what the final number of backers (aka pre-orders) will be. *sigh*

I'll start with a prediction of 4,897 total. Whoever is closest (+|-) wins!
Prediction entries end after 2022-11-04.

∞10²¹ @Shurrig
123456789 @Master Roshi
9000 @randum
8500 @caps
8025 @Heirloom
----
6300 @IAmBatman
5700 @Good Pig
5000 @chas
4897 @GaryLASQ
4648 @rym
4400 @ryguy266
4250 @Dragon4201976
4100 @Knox
3542 @AMIS
3498 @Garenex
0001 @Hogg the last contestant on The Price Is Right

3838 is my lotto ticket number
Old November 1st, 2022, 07:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
IIRC Trex is the rare breed that just plays Heroscape on more traditional wargaming terrain setups and doesn't use the Heroscape terrain for the most part.
Yes. Nowadays that is correct. I still have a decent amount of regular and castle terrain that doesn't get used. @Dad_Scaper , if what I'm discussing on this thread isn't ok, let me know. Overall. I'm getting close to letting myself out. This community is not nearly as friendly and/or welcoming nowadays.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 1st, 2022, 07:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

TREX, you’re the best. I don’t want anyone to feel bad about thinking it won’t fund. Or thinking that the campaign has sucked.

I object to two things: first, figuring out what to do now that the campaign is dead. First, it’s not, and second, considering all of the work I’ve put into this project, I find it personally stressful that people are already plotting how to proxy the units I designed. Flattered, yes, but also hurt. It’s not time. Second, I object to anyone who dislikes bears. That’s it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 1st, 2022 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I’ve already sketched out designs for the next wave, for heaven’s sake.
Old November 1st, 2022, 07:40 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Yes. Nowadays that is correct. I still have a decent amount of regular and castle terrain that doesn't get used. @Dad_Scaper , if what I'm discussing on this thread isn't ok, let me know. Overall. I'm getting close to letting myself out. This community is not nearly as friendly and/or welcoming nowadays.
Fwiw, I didn't see any posts of yours that I'd consider to be outside the scope of this thread's purpose.

Even though we haven't interacted a whole lot on the site, I'd be sad to see you or anyone else choose to leave due to the greater than normal number of obnoxious/disrespectful posts lately.

The community will only continue to be as awesome and welcoming as it is if the friendly and respectful people stick around to make it so. I plan on being here for the long haul, but of course everyone needs to make the choice that they know is best for themselves and their own mental/emotional wellbeing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion