Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 31st, 2010, 05:13 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of The Deepwyrm Drow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Here's a scenario: A Deepwyrm Drow and another one of your figures are engaged to a figure without disengage or phantom walk. Said figure disengages both of your figures and you roll 1 skull for leaving engagement strike. Do you get to roll for Poison Weapons just because a Deepwyrm Drow is part of the leaving engagement attack or do you have to roll 1 die at a time to determine that?
1 die at a time.
So poison blades does count when making leaving engagement strikes? My understanding that leaving engagment strikes didn't count as "attacks," so powers that triggered off of "attacks" didn't apply. Is that correct, indicating that the answer to that question should be "it doesn't matter"? Or am I mis-remembering something in thinking that leaving engagement strikes don't count as "attacks"?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:15 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

It says right in the text of Poison Weapons that it is triggered from leaving engagement attacks as well.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
It says right in the text of Poison Weapons that it is triggered from leaving engagement attacks as well.
Just to clarify something related...

If an enemy hero disengages two drow, let's say, and two skulls are rolled for the disengagement attack, you would get to roll for poison weapons twice, correct? (Since each drow inflicted a wound)

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92 View Post
Quote:

If an enemy hero disengages two drow, let's say, and two skulls are rolled for the disengagement attack, you would get to roll for poison weapons twice, correct? (Since each drow inflicted a wound)
You mean like this?

It says "two skulls are rolled" in the rule book, which sounds like they are rolled together. How this impacts the Poison Weapon power I am not sure. Simply because the Darrak player played smartly and left both engagements simultaneously, I would only count it as one leaving engagement "attack," and thus allow only one roll for poison damage.

To rephrase what I think, the Poison Weapon power starts with "Each time" and since there is only one "time" for leaving engagement here, there is only one roll for it.
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM

cereal crusher Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

You are correct. The card is very clear, no need to complicate it.
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:47 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Each Drow would get to roll for Poison Weapon, because each Drow caused a wound from disengage. GB's response earlier to 1 at a time, means you roll, 1 die at a time for each figure that is getting the swipe. The example in the book, BurnyFlame, is just the final result of the roll.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; July 21st, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

If you think you roll one at a time, who decides which figure rolls first?

Let's say that instead of two Deepwyrm Drow, you were leaving engagement with a Tagawa Samurai and a wounded Cyprien Esenwein. Obviously, who deals the damage first matters if it destroys the figure, and because the rulebook makes no mention as to which player decides which figure rolls first, I don't see any reason not to roll the dice together.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Burnyflame, you can play however you want. When you go to a tournament I suggest you do what the TD says. In the case of Cyprien, I expect he would say it *does* matter which skull is whose, so you would roll separately & designate disengagees as you go.

But I encourage you to play however you want in the privacy of your own home.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM

cereal crusher Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post

Let's say that instead of two Deepwyrm Drow, you were leaving engagement with a Tagawa Samurai and a wounded Cyprien Esenwein. Obviously, who deals the damage first matters if it destroys the figure, and because the rulebook makes no mention as to which player decides which figure rolls first, I don't see any reason not to roll the dice together.
In a 3 player game the two enemies would have to roll a D20 to see who gets to roll first. If Cyprien and The samurai are owned by the same player, he can choose which to roll first.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post

The person rolling the die.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

I finally got to take these guys for a spin and it was on a map that included dungeon and shadow, however slight. (Map name: Jotun's Gap).

I will say I'm impressed with this unit. While I built a 600 pt army around two squads of these guys because I wanted to play them, they were not a first strike unit. They were primarily used as a striker unit. The first couple of order markers I could spare were used to move them into position.

It wasn't a draft game, but a hidden selection game ... much like one would experience in a tournament setting. There were plenty of heroes for them to get their poison off on. Basically they performed well.

I will say that I used Pelloth with them. I was pretty underimpressed with him. Early in the game I used Pelloth's Lloth's Wrath ability (got zero skulls). Felt like a waste. And I finished the game using Pelloth's Lloth's Wrath special, but I only used it them because I felt I could lose a drow and still be OK. (Got 3 skulls).

At 23.33 pts. per figure I just don't know that Pelloth's ability is that usable unless cheaper drow figures come around.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I like using Lolth's Wrath towards the end of the game when there are just 1-2 Drow left and their activations aren't at their strongest, or when there are high-defense squad figures around (Minions, Sentinels, Warforged, Krav from range, etc) or when there aren't any heroes to use Poison Weapons on and that Drow you're blowing up is likely to die from an attack next turn anyway.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units