Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Heroes of Fiction: Playtesting Thread

Current Playtests:
Simon Belmont Proxy - Playtest 1, Playtest 2
Doctor Who Proxy
Agent J Proxy

Much of this information has been taked directly from C3G's awesome playtesting procedures. They deserve all the credit.

HERE IS AN EMPTY PLAYTESTING FORM TO FILL OUT

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A COMPLETED PLAYTEST FORM

FAQs

Q - What is Play-Testing?
A - Play-Testing is a term used to describe what people do to "test" a new game or game component simply playing the game through a series of prescribed tests to check for brokenness or game compatibility.

Q - Who can Play-Test?
A - Anyone can Play-Test.

Q - How do I know what to play-test?
A - The current list of figures ready to playtest are linked to the top of this post.

Q - How do I play-test?
A - Here is a detailed list on how to play-test each Design type.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - Are there any hints, tips, or guides on how to Play-test?
A - This post can be very helpful in listing a few things that you should look for when Play-testing.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - How do I document my play-test results?
A - Here is a LINK to a download. This download is a form that should be filled out when playtesting units.

Q - Where do I post my Feedback Form when I have completed it?
A - Post your results in this thread.

Q - Do I need to use Order Markers and other conventions of the game (like initiative rolls) when I do Heavy Hitter and Squad tests?
A - You need to play both the Heavy Hitters and Squad tests like a normal game. Meaning, you don't just roll for initial initiative and then just go back and forth alternating turn. You use OM's like normal. So if the tested unit had the last turn in one round, if he wins initiative, he can have first turn in next round.

Q - How in depth should my feedback be?
A -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Playtester Hahma from C3G
I keep a notebook with me when testing and I write every turn down when testing. You don't have to, but you should at least jot down a note here and there to acknowledge certain points during a test that might be important. If either team wins because of winning most of initiatives to get advantage, that's worth noting. If either team rolls unusually good attack or defense, that's worth noting. Anything that might be worth the readers of the test sheet needing to know to get a better idea of the events during the test can be noted. If nothing else, keep some notes so that if someone questions your test results, you can go back and say, "well this happened that was unusual or that happened, or so in so had height advantage throughout the game or whatever." That can help people judge test results better.
Also, here is a Document that can help organize your playtests and keep track of each event.

Q - Is it possible to play-test on my own without an opponent?
A - Yes. See below.
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to ask any questions on Playtesting, as we will be dealing specifically with the ins and outs of Play-testing here.

Again, I want to thank C3G for putting together this comprehensive and easy to use Play-Testing turtorial. You can find a list of all of their figures here.

Last edited by Balantai; August 10th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum