Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 26th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TeamFortresScape - into the Testing Phase

Finishing touches, finishing touches...
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Finishing touches, finishing touches...
Ha! With the finishing up of the C3G release, I've been thinking about this a fair bit...

It deserves to be finished.

One day...
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:10 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's what I was hoping. I didn't want to bother you with it until the DC project was finished. I was hoping to print this off right (card stick for cards, bound rule book) and give it out as a prize at an event. Maybe it'd be as simple as using the template from the C3G book (with permission of course). Whaddya think?
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
That's what I was hoping. I didn't want to bother you with it until the DC project was finished. I was hoping to print this off right (card stick for cards, bound rule book) and give it out as a prize at an event. Maybe it'd be as simple as using the template from the C3G book (with permission of course). Whaddya think?
Sounds like a good idea.

When I get a moment...
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

Again, excellent concept.

What are you going to use for the figures? (Just curious)

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape
Old June 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rough and Ready View Post
Again, excellent concept.

What are you going to use for the figures? (Just curious)
In the player handbook there are some paper cut-outs for all of the players. I wish that Valve made some 30mm scaled minis though... that would be sweet.

Thanks for the interest.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Ok, so I just got Team Fortress 2 last week or so, and I've been playing almost non-stop ever since. Randomly, some strange memory was brought back to me of someone's sig that said something about TF2Scape. Naturally, I searched the boards and came across this thread.

I am really impressed with what you guys did with this. I think each card very effectively reflects the characters and abilities of the in-game classes. If only Valve were to conveniently make some minis for no reason...

One question I do have is: can Scope Sighting only be used once per game?

Now, a few comments and my input:

I think I would have liked moving one class from each category better, but either way is really fine.

The one thing I am really missing though, is unlockable weapons. Things like the Huntsman, the Gunslinger, Frontier Justice, Jarate, Natascha, Sandvich, (etc.) add a lot to each class and change how they play. Maybe something like an unlockable weapons card with different abilities on it, that allows you to, for example, replace the Heavy's Sasha the Minigun Special Attack with Natascha Minigun Special attack, that would have some sort of move reducing power.

One other thing that I feel needs added is some form of Spy-Checking. Maybe cloak doesn't work on Pyro's Flamethrower or something.

Finally, love the picture at the end. HAP-PEEE!!
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:50 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post

Ok, so I just got Team Fortress 2 last week or so, and I've been playing almost non-stop ever since. Randomly, some strange memory was brought back to me of someone's sig that said something about TF2Scape. Naturally, I searched the boards and came across this thread.

I am really impressed with what you guys did with this.
Why thanks.
Quote:
I think each card very effectively reflects the characters and abilities of the in-game classes. If only Valve were to conveniently make some minis for no reason...
This is something that I've wished many times.
Quote:
One question I do have is: can Scope Sighting only be used once per game?
Nope, as often as you can pull it off. It is only as powerful as your opponent is silly for not moving his guys.

Quote:
Now, a few comments and my input:
Ok, maybe this will get my off my butt to finish this thing... (One of these days I will Velenne... I promise )

Quote:
I think I would have liked moving one class from each category better, but either way is really fine.
Having never tried it that way, I'd be interested to see what your results of doing it that way would be.

Quote:
The one thing I am really missing though, is unlockable weapons. Things like the Huntsman, the Gunslinger, Frontier Justice, Jarate, Natascha, Sandvich, (etc.) add a lot to each class and change how they play. Maybe something like an unlockable weapons card with different abilities on it, that allows you to, for example, replace the Heavy's Sasha the Minigun Special Attack with Natascha Minigun Special attack, that would have some sort of move reducing power.
Most of the unlockables were introduced after we'd started work on the project. If I was being paid to do it, I'd definitely add that stuff, but the time and effort involved is quite significant. We settled on trying to produce the original game.

Quote:
One other thing that I feel needs added is some form of Spy-Checking. Maybe cloak doesn't work on Pyro's Flamethrower or something.
There is no metal to pick-up for the Engineer either. Some elements from TF2 needed to be modified or removed for the sake of gameplay.

Quote:
Finally, love the picture at the end. HAP-PEEE!!
....T'all you fine dandies so proud, so ****-sure, prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions