Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Website Issues

My company's firewall recently blocked heroscapers.com. It isn't always blocked but lately something on the site is now classifying the site under "games" that my companys firewall now picks up. Before i think the site was classified as a "news" site which didn't trigger the firewall. Was something recently added to the meta data that could trigger the firewall? It's been blocked before but never this long.

I don't suppose there is a separate url to access the forums that wouldn't trigger the firewall?

I need my heroscape fix Any advice for how to access the forums would be great.

Thanks!
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One other thing to add, boardgamegeek is classified as society/daily living and isn't blocked. I believe heroscapers had the same classification until this week.

This is according to bluecoat.
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Dude, calm down. I've been using FireFox for months.
I was hoping Scapey would come on here and say that he was using Safari and then all the Mac people would give a collective gasp of disbelief. But this is good too.
Ewwww, Macs....
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I find it odd that all of you think IE is lame. I've never had a problem with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I find it odd that all of you think IE is lame. I've never had a problem with it.
Yet.
Yet is right. My cousin has only been active on here for about 2 months and he's already had quite a few problems with IE.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry for my blatant hate of IE and assumption you were using it. I just have seen many people post the same issue and they all were using IE. As far as why the bug is in firefox, I dunno, but try using a different Page Layout/Style.

FYI, there is always Safari for PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I don't suppose there is a separate url to access the forums that wouldn't trigger the firewall?

I need my heroscape fix Any advice for how to access the forums would be great.

Thanks!
Try a proxy site by googling "Free proxy" but note many proxy servers are blocked by fiewalls too.
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How do I get my sig to save? Everytime I type one in and hit save, I look and see it is still blank. I'm new to this site, so if this question is in the wrong place, please understand that I did use the search function, and it pretty much led me here.
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
How do I get my sig to save? Everytime I type one in and hit save, I look and see it is still blank. I'm new to this site, so if this question is in the wrong place, please understand that I did use the search function, and it pretty much led me here.
Don't know if this will fix it, but try hitting "preview signature" before saving it. I have some weird formatting problems on this site sometimes, and previewing it shows me how it'll turn out (For better or worse ).

(Ike is awesome. )
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Don't know if this will fix it, but try hitting "preview signature" before saving it. I have some weird formatting problems on this site sometimes, and previewing it shows me how it'll turn out (For better or worse ).

(Ike is awesome. )
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Sorry, double post. Having problems editing the one I put up... Preview did not work. It reloaded the page and my sig was blank again. I wonder if its my computer?
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:50 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Sorry, double post. Having problems editing the one I put up... Preview did not work. It reloaded the page and my sig was blank again. I wonder if its my computer?
If you are using Internet Explorer, I personally recommend a different browser; lots of people have issues with Internet Explorer and this website, experiencing odd symptoms like you have mentioned (and not being able to quote/respond/edit/etc.). More than that, I am not a fan of Internet Explorer's security vulnerabilities, among other issues. If you would like to continue using Internet Explorer, most people recommend clicking the "broken page" icon in the address bar when you are at this website (which turns on compatibility mode for this website); that seems to fix most of the issues people using Internet Explorer experience while using this site.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
If you are using Internet Explorer, I personally recommend a different browser; lots of people have issues with Internet Explorer and this website, experiencing odd symptoms like you have mentioned (and not being able to quote/respond/edit/etc.). More than that, I am not a fan of Internet Explorer's security vulnerabilities, among other issues. If you would like to continue using Internet Explorer, most people recommend clicking the "broken page" icon in the address bar when you are at this website (which turns on compatibility mode for this website); that seems to fix most of the issues people using Internet Explorer experience while using this site.
Yeah, if you stick with IE, like me, the Compatability View is a must. I've found that you can turn it on all the time through the Tools Menu. Click "Compatability View Settings". You can add Heroscapers to the list or click the checkbox at the bottom and turn CV on for all sites.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks for the help, Fencer and Mac. +rep for you both. I am indeed on IE, and I think CV has fixed some of my problems already
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
The reason emails are turned back on is because I think we've pinpointed the problem to an exploit in the gallery software, which is why it is down. it will be down until Bunjee, Xotli, and I can figure out what the best course of action to fix it is. Bunjee's had a family member pass and Xotli has just had a new baby, so neither is in a place to jump right on this. We will get it figured out though.
Any update on the Gallery?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online