Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old February 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
MegaSilver's Tournament Battle Reports

MegaSilver's Tournament Battle Reports

This thread is for updates to my tournament record and report on recent battles. This thread is NOT for home games; which is where I have another thread for that. Eventually, below here will be links to my tourney battle reports in this thread.

Overall Tourney Record: 118-87-1 (57.28% win ratio)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MegaSilver; April 14th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: MegaSilver's Tournament Battle Reports

MegaSilver's Tourney 2010
Two 500 point Armies, Max 1 Marvel Altogether

This tourney took place in May 2010, and posted here for future reference.

Quote:
I've finished hosting my first tourney Saturday. I had an awesome time meeting, and battling, Necroblade, DeceitfulBeauty, jschild, and jschild's son. They are great people to hang around, and I hope that we can battle again soon.

For this blog, I'm going to discuss the battles I participated in. In a few days I'll have the full tourney results.

I'll say now that I won the $40 prize. I have a feeling that they let me win. (I went 5-1! How else is that possible!?! Maybe I'm better than I thought, but I don't know...)
---------------------------------------------
Well, here are the armies I played:
Viper Legionaries
Venoc Warlord
Vipers x4
Roman Legos x2
Morgrimm Forgehammer

Snowfire Lizards
Zelrig
Nielfheim
Greenscales x2
---------------------------------------------
Battle 1: Viper Legos Vs. jschild's son's Phantom Marro on UnMarvelous
I kinda feel sorry for the little guy. This was his first time playing against someone besides his dad, as far as I know, and I feel I overbeat him. He was experienced with the guys he had, such as the PKs. I quickly Frenzied to his start zone when half his guys were there, and defeated him with half my army intact. But I must say that when he gets older he will be a force to reckon with. Those Groks were a pain.

Battle 2: Snowfire Lizards Vs. Necroblade's A Guy Richie Movie On Failed Negotiations.
This was an awesome battle. In one round I eliminated half his army with Zelrig and Neilfhiem. His GGs couldn't make use of Gain High Ground, because I destroyed those that could reach my dragons. The AE dropped, and Nielfhiem flew adjacent to two of them, and took out both with 4 skulls, along with a 6 defense GG. Neilf and Zel got away with no damage, though only 2 GSs stayed alive.

Battle 3: Snowfire Lizards Vs. jschild's Green Sting On Failed Negotiations.
Another wipeout. jschild made two major blunders that cost him the game. He placed his first order markers on Charos instead of GSs. In trying to make up for it, he passed up Neilfheim to engage Zelrig, and took 5 wounds in two turns for passing, and Neilf chasing him down. When engaged to Zelrig, he got pummelled by the GCs and Majestic Flames in three turns.
I then flew Zelrig up to his start zone in two turns, and Flamed 5 Stingers at once, and the next turn 4 GSs. The game was basically over then.

Battle 4: Viper Leogs Vs. jschild's son's Iron Josh On Failed Negotiations.
Ahh, again I felt sorry for beating the little guy, But he was an extremely good sport; he didn't mind he was losing so long he could play. But he did have a short attention span.
He placed his Hydras on the center zone, and I place Romans. I cut off two heads of one in one turn, then two turns later finished that guy off.
Vipers circumnavigated the road and came at Hydras from boths sides. Iron man flew up, but was surrounded by Vipers and destroyed in one turn. Onatashi and Isamu were quickly mowed down by Vipers and Romans, respectively.

Battle 5: Viper Legos Vs Necroblade's A Guy Richie Movie on UnMarvelous.
Another marvelous win for me. I was for sure that I would lose against the 6 defense GGs. But my Vipers continued to mow through there defenses a turn before they would die by the survivors. The backup GGs slowly came forward, blocking both sides of the map. The Romans came behind to help clean up the GGs, and surrounded the Warden to finish the game.

Battle 6: Viper Legos Vs jschild's Capt. Valiant on UnMarvelous.
This was the only match I lost. My B and C units were up against 3 types of A units: Captian America, the Mass., and Knights of Weston. We both put up very good fights.
As expected, the Knights were hacking down my Vipers. But for every two or three knights downed, a Knight went down as well. It was a stalemate through the first half of the match. Then Capt. America came up and it was nearly over for me. Morgrimm with Romans came and slowly whittled down the Knights and Capt. America. But I was down to two squads Vipers, one Squad Romans, half-life Morgrimm, and Mittens. And 3/4ths of jschild's army remained.
We fought back and forth with Knights vs Vipers/Romans, and in the end it was Morgrimm, Mittens, and one Roman, and None of the Mass had moved. In the end, Mittens was by himself against 7 Mass, and lost. This was one of the best matches, for it was the most suspenseful.

Thank you for coming, Necroblade, DecietfulBeauty, jschild, and jschild's son!

MegaSilver

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 9th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM

Bloodthorn's Tourny in Louisville, Sept. 19th 2010
One 500 point army, No Marvel.

This battle happened a while ago, so I've forgotten the major details.

Quote:
Army: Steamroller, Crixus Variant.

G1 vs. jschild:
Raelin 1.0
Warforged x3
Stingers x3

Won, losing only 2 squads Caps

G2 vs. ???
Sir Gilbert
Mass x2
Sgt. Drake 1.0
KoW x2

Won, losing only 2 squads Caps

G3 vs. ???
MBS
Marro Warriors
TBR
Dividers x2
Drones x3
Marcu

Lost, he had only 1 squad Dividers left (good 20d rolls)

G4 vs. ???
Templar Cav. x1
Sir Dupius
KoW x2
Isamu
Brits x1

(Thought SD bonded, so messed up his strategy)
Won, losing 2 squads Caps

G5 vs. Chris R.
Morgrimm
Migol
Ambershard
Dwarves x3

Lost, was Crixus vs. 2 dwarves (Closest, and most awesome fight.)
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM

El Diabolo's Monthly Tourney -- Feb. Classic
510 pt. Classic Army, No Marvel

Army:
Major Q9
Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers x5
Isamu

Game 1 vs. Brownsfan82 on Fulcrum
Army:
Seige
Hierloom
Zetacron
Warforged x3

I admit I was worried about facing his army at first; he has an army that is designed to block wounds and hold out for a long time -- which my army could not afford. Even Q9 would have trouble here. Nonetheless I decided to use Q9 as bait to get him within range of the Vipers. But it didn't work so well. Soon the impossible happened; one WF managed to get one wound on Q9, then the second rolled and Q9 on height rolled only s and s Down was Q9...

Luckily some Vipers reached his start zone and crushed Zetacron. Seige was near my start zone but was surrounded by Vipers and brought down with minimal losses. But, for about every WF downed two Vipers went with it. Eventually it was Mittens and Isamu verses a squad of WF. I managed to win this close game.

Win/Lose: 1-0

Game 2 vs. Oden on Embattled Fen
Army:
Marro Hive
Me-Burg-Sa
Marro Stingers x5

This was Oden's first tourney and third game ever, and extremely good player. Q9 was placed on the road first thing to make it to the Hive, but he was immediately blocked by Stingers. So he went to the Wound Glyph. Oden sent Stingers to deal with Q9 on the glyph. Q9 tried to pick them off before they could get to him, but only half could be stopped. They would fire upon Q9 constantly.

My Vipers tried to rush forward to help Q9 out, but they could hardly harm the Stingers. They backlashed harsly. Eventually the Stingers were able to keep one space away from the Vipers, who wouldn't Frenzy, and tear them apart. Few Vipers managed to wound Stingers.

Q9's only contribution was to take down 2 Stingers and MBS before the Stinging Squad took him down off the glyph; right before he could roll. I couldn't get close to his Hive... I could only take down MBS and 5 Stingers. Excellent job to the new elementary school player!

Win/Lose: 1-1

Game 3 vs. Josh (jschild's son) on Burial Marsh
Army:
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Ne-Gok-Sa
Roman Legos x4

Josh made it very clear to me in the beginning he hated this map, his melee had trouble moving on it in the last match. Q9 went out first again, to take a gylph, which turned out to be +1 attack. Josh sent out Mogrimm toward Q9, and Romans on the opposite side of the map. Q9 had trouble with Mogrimm, and stalled him too long to help Mittens.

The Romans ran right into my start zone, and hacked throught my sitting Vipers. They reached Mittens and laid some serious damage to him -- halfway destroyed on the second attack. My Vipers were forced to defend him, and eventually destroyed the Romans (with the attack boost). Then came NGS to take Q9, as I guessed, so I sent Vipers to take care of thethreat, which they did. Marcus joined the forlay and destroyed my Vipers and Mittens in the start zone, and Isamu fled, and was destroyed as well. Somehow a wounded Q9 finished off a squad and a half of Romans and full health Marcus. Man that was a close game...

Win/Loss: 2-1

Game 4 vs. Shawn on Tight Quarters (by jschild)
Army:
Raelin
Krav Magna Agents
Tawaga Samurai
Ninjas of the NW
Kozuki Samurai

I was scared facing this army, I admit. Here was an army that can park itself in one spot and hold ground. In a battle of attrition I would surely lose. I had to lay down the attack before he got in a comfortable position. So, I rushed with my Vipers first, taking the hieghtes point on the map and claimed the Mitonsould gylph (I was the only person in the tourney to take it, risk-taker I am. ). The only unit to fall was the Viper that took the gylph. Several rolls were on 2, as well. Another Viper rushed out to take a nearby glyph, defense +1.

Q9 picked away at a few units, but kept rolling only one . The only thing he did was place 2-3 wounds on Raelin, one at a time. Q9 was taken down, needless to say. So was the Viper on the d+1 gylph, by a lone Krav Sniper. But another Viper slithered to take the gylph again. For 6-7 turns the Krav would try to take that Viper off, only to roll while that Viper rolled . Man was that awesome. The Viper only fell when he had to get off the gylph near the end of the game...

The Vipers did fairly well in this game, taking out Raelin, a Tawaga, and the rest of the Kravs. But when Shawn sent out his NotNW, they fell to pieces. I couldn't touch them! Eventually it came down to Mittens, Isamu, and the NotNW invading my start zone. Mittens fell, taking one with him. Isamu Vanished to the Mitonsoul Hill, and fought toe to toe with the NotNW, taking one with him when he was destroyed.

Win/Loss: 2-2

Game 5 vs. Josh on Migol's Tomb 2.0

Once again I had to face Josh, and on a map both of us hated. I had hoped I wouldn't be on this map, since it was a very high, steep mountainous map that was hard to move over or under. Q9 was forced to take the high road up the mountain, which took him one round to go up. He couldn't hurt anyone either; kept on whiffing. Josh sent up NGS to attack Q9, but for some reason never rolled for Mindshackle. Q9's only wounded NGS some before being taken down by him...

NGS came down the mountain, and Romans came under the overhang. My Vipers rushed to surround NGS, took him out, and Frenzied to the approaching Romans. After that fiasco, some Vipers circumnavigated the overhang and Frenzied all the way to his start zone. One Viper rolled , while Marcus . I slowly killed off Romans while I lost a lot of Vipers. Eventually it was Mogrimm versus one Squad of Vipers, and Mogrimm whiffed for my win... The game's point results were almost the same as our last game!

Win/Loss: 3-2

I came in 4th place out of 12 people.

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 14th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've enjoyed the report so far, MS. I like Vipers against Warforged because Tactical Switch is a bit less useful, as the Vipers don't really care whether or not you're attacking with an extra die. I've also had similar problems with the Hive, because it's tough for the melee, 0 defense Vipers to get all the way across the map. They're much better suited to fight the battle on their front, and the Hive forces you to bring the battle to it - something the Vipers aren't really equipped for.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I've enjoyed the report so far, MS. I like Vipers against Warforged because Tactical Switch is a bit less useful, as the Vipers don't really care whether or not you're attacking with an extra die. I've also had similar problems with the Hive, because it's tough for the melee, 0 defense Vipers to get all the way across the map. They're much better suited to fight the battle on their front, and the Hive forces you to bring the battle to it - something the Vipers aren't really equipped for.
Thanks, kc. I agree that the Hive is tricky to get to, especially when units block the path.

I'll be able to finish the report soon, I hope.
Old February 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM

Okay, the battle reports have been updated.
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM

El Diabolo's Monthly Tourney -- April Heat of Battle
510 point army, no Marvel.

Army:
Migol Ironwill
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Axegrinders x4

After reading on how powerful 4 man squads would be in a Heat of Battle Format, I couldn't but help use the Dwarves. I was also expecting a lot of large units in this format that would like to hack through the squads; such as Grimnak and the Hydra, and the Dwarves could deal with them.

When I got to the tourney, I noticed that two people, Sean/Shawn (enkindu) and Gordon (Deroche) had two armies I was afraid to face, a heavy counterstriking army and the Firestorm, respectively. Needless to say you can expect that I faced them. Anyway, here is how my match ups went:

Game 1 vs. Nate (Tribunal Power) on Jotun's Gap
Army:
Grimnak
Nerak
Blade Gruts x1
Omnicron Snipers x2
Krav Magna Agents

At the beginning, Nate had a little army trouble; he thought the KMA were common squaddies and had two of them. We figured out the problem, and he had his KMA represent his Snipers and the Snipers represent his KMA.

I initially placed my Dwarves on the high places so he couldn't snipe; in fact they were forced to the lowest part of the map. He placed his Orcs as close as possible to my Dwarves so he could Chomp them. But he made the mistake of placing them where I could get height advantage if I went first. My Heroes started next to the treasure glyphs, as all the maps had two of them.

I gained inititative, and rushed my Dwarves to his Orcs; Nerak fell first to a height-induced Axegrinder with and . His Grimnak and Gruts fell shortly after, with a couple Chomped Dwarves.

My Dwarves rushed the Snipers and KMA, and slowly brought them down with a couple of Mogrimm's Strikes. In the end, I only lost a squad and a half of Axegrinders.

Win/Loss: 1-0

Game 2 vs Sawyer on If You Can't Take the Heat...
Army:
Zombies x2
Shaolin Monks x1
Sentinels x1
Hounds x1
Airborne Elite

In my opinion, Sawyer's biggest mistake was not sticking to one or two types of squads, and he placed all of his starting units on the lava. I would eventually lock most of his units on the lava, which would later hurt him.

I placed all my dwarves to circumvect his units, so I could hold them down on the lava. But I made the mistake of bunching up two squads of Axegrinders at each end of the map for an AE drop; and as luck would have it he dropped first round and won initiative and destroyed half a squad on each side.

On my turn, I would eventually pick off most of the AE, and take out the Hounds (one would fall the Lava field damage). Facing the Zombies was troublesome; one squad of Axegrinders would succumb to Zombification.

Eventually OM management would bring him down, as I destroyed partially of each squad. Sawyer is a good player; if he had a better built army, he could have beat me. With the army he had, he took out half my points.

Win/Loss: 2-0

Game 3 vs Sean/Shawn (enkindu) on Midnight Lagoon
Army:
Arkmer
Raelin 1.0
Isamu
Ashra x3
Tagawa Samurai
Kozuke Samurai

Here was the one of the two armies I was afraid to face. With all the counterstriking abilities, I was afraid to lose a lot of Dwarves. And during the placements, I made the grave mistake of not claiming the shadow tiles; I was more worried about him claiming the height around the Dwarves.

Eventually he had most of his Samurai and Raelin on the shadow tiles, and his Elves on the low areas near the shadows. My Dwarves claimed the height, glyphs, and two Axegrinders has access to first strike on Raelin.

And with that, they rushed Raelin, and the first rolled and Raelin rolled . I preceded to destroy her later in the first round with more whiffs on her part, which helped me greatly. Until the Samurai started attacking.

By then it was a battle of attrition; one that I knew would be difficult, especially when Mogrimm kept rolling 12 and 13 for Commander's Strike. (Except for the one time when NecroBlade and me both were ready to roll at the same time; we rolled at the same time and got 20! )

I eventually destroyed all the Samurai, but the darn Ashra kept rolling exactly one almost all the time. As I thought, it would be a tough match, and it was one I lost.

Win/Loss: 2-1

Game 4 vs. Nathan on Welcome to the Swamp
Army:
Marro Hive
Raelin
Stingers x2
Drones x3

I truly believed this would battle would be a piece of cake. I scattered my Dwarves first turn to limit his Hive placement, it would later turn out he managed to get all Marro placed under it's aura.

But I had a whole squad ready to swarm his Hive -- which he didn't notice until too late. I got 4 wounds on the Hive first turn. But, he proceded to wipe out the Axegrinders with Drones the next turn. It would be a while longer before I'd get to the Hive again...

My Dwarves had the worst trouble trying to get his Marro downed; they would roll on-the-nose for defense, even after Raelin's early demise. They would then procede to hack down Dwarves, but not before Mogrimm barely survived a disengagement rush to finish off the Hive before he fell.

The games eventually came down to a single Stinger and Mogil with 1 life left and the Scarab of Invulnerablility on his card.

Migol rushed the hapless Stinger, and I thought it would be game over... The Stinger attacked, Migol , and it was up the the Scarab to save me. I had to explain the Nathan how the power worked, after reading the card. I said, "If I roll a 16 or higher, Migol gets to ignore the wounds he just recieved for this attack only." I proceeded to roll, and the result was:

16!

I cheered, as did NecroBlade and Deroche that were watching the game as well (unbeknowest to me). I then I took out the Stinger, and won the most closest game I've had in a tournament.

Thanks for one of the best games I've had in a while, Nathan! You are an extremely good player; I admit that only luck helped me win this game. And it was only by 22 points.

Win/Loss: 3-1

Game 5 vs. Gordon on Midnight Lagoon
Army:
Kurrok the Elementalist
Raelin 1.0
Air Elemental x1
Fire Elemental x8

Of course, I had to face the second army I was afraid to face. The biggest problem was the SI; the FE could roll up to 3 times a turn, and if I couldn't get to Kurrok I would be cooked in this game.

I made the better placement choice this time and took the shadow tiles. I scattered my Dwarves all over place to deny Kurrok's good placement (and lower chances of massive SI's ).

Deroche was forced to place Kurrok close to some of my Dwarve so he could control his FE's, but the AE would prevent me from ever meeting Kurrok.

Throughout the game, it was a constant back and forth between the FE's and Dwarves; and the Dwarves were losing. Though Deroche said this was one of the worst series of SI rolls this game, he was still eating through my army.

The best my Dwarves could do in this game was able to nearly kill his Raelin, but the FE's kept following my guys, which hurt them really bad. I really didn't stand a chance here, and Deroche deserved his win against me, and winning the tourney. Congrats, Deroche!

I had a fun time at this tournament. I now know that when I head up to GenCon, I'm going to need someone to repel those FE's, have the range to hit Kurrok, and a Special Attack to deal with those Samurai and Ashra. I can only think of one guy that fits those requirements, and he is....

Moltenclaw!

Now I have an army for GenCon Heat of Battle...
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice report!

Old July 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM

El Diabolo's Monthly Tourney -- July Reverse the Whip
500 pt. Army, No Marvel

Army:
Major Q9
Venoc Warlord
Venoc Vipers x5

After hearing how well killercactus' Viper army did in last year's GenCon (this exact army, in fact), and since I am a Viper fan, I couldn't help but use this army. I will be bringing it for the Championship tourney at GenCon, so I needed some practice. They did better (and worse) than I expected. I hope I can just make it to Day 2 with my army, which it appears I will.

Game 1 vs. Sawyer on Fulcrum
Army:
Neilfheim
Jotun
Kelda
Isamu

I was scared big-time right off the bat when I saw Sawyer's army. Here were 2 large figures that would eat through my army. I would have enough trouble trying to get Q9 into position on the map to attack him. I thought I would have to rely on him to (maybe) win the game for me. Sawyer thought he had the game in the bag too. Boy were we both wrong.

Sawyer sent out Neilfheim first to take the wound glyph. My Vipers rushed out to try to put some wounds on him first. Neilf got three wounds on the first attack. Jotun then started moving out, and my Vipers got to him first and placed 5 wounds on the first attack on him. I then placed two more wounds on him. Kelda removed them, and a Viper finished Jotun off. Then my Vipers split off to take down Neilf and Kelda, both who fell quickly. Isamu ran around a little, but the wound marker took him down..

I only lost 7 Vipers. I was getting good dice rolls, and Sawyer wasn't. But I reassured him he had a good army. He would go on to make 2-3, a good placement for a newish player.

Win/Loss: 1-0

Game 2 vs. El Diabolo (Marcus) on Guardian
Army:
Cowboys and Ninjas

Yep, that reads right above. Marcus played every Cowboy and Ninja created for Heroscape. While a neat army, I couldn't help but smile. Sorry Marcus, but I knew right then that I could win this one. That army is an order marker nightmare, just saying.

My Vipers immediately grabbed the glyph, wound, and reached his start zone. Kumiko and Shoiri came out to attack, but was shortly tore down by Vipers and the wound glyph, respectively. At first, I couldn't place many wounds, but my Viper's weren't falling either. Then the Vipers swarmed the start zone, and the real havok began. James, Johnny, and Moriko recieved wounds. Moriko destroyed a few Vipers. Q9 came and wounded a few of the C&N. The Vipers swarmed them and took out the trio. Onatashi fell with two attacks, and Isamu fell to the wound marker again.

Win/Loss: 2-0

Game 3 vs. Samuel on Mountains and Caves
Army:
Major Q9
Braxas
Iron Golem

Another Hero army. With the large mountain to one side of the map that sloped slowly down, I knew that if Braxas went up top, that Q9 was the only one who could bring her down. Also, a nifty Move+2 glyph was right within Mitten's move for me to take. A wound glyph was also within striking distance of Vipers. Q9 would be the biggest problem for my army, since he's hard to take down. A Q9 vs. Q9, anyone?

Well, Braxas headed for the top first thing, as a expected. I already grabbed the wound glyph below and the Move+2, so Q9 only had to follow Braxas as she made her way toward Mittens. Q9 caused several wounds to Braxas, and so did the wound glyph, but not before Mittens was down to one life. Sam's Q9 started coming around to take the glyph. My Vipers came swarming around to hurt him, but instead fell to pieces. All my Vipers died trying to stop Q9, but only put two wounds on him. My Q9 came around to attack him, but he sat on the glyph for two rounds. I couldn't lose Mittens, so I put them on my Q9.

Then, Iron Golem started moving my way. Oh boy. So, I backed Q9 onto a high point where I could attack the Golem without him being able to get to me, and hit Sam's Q9 too. On the second attack with a normal, 5 attack shot at Golem, I placed exactly two wounds to destroy it. (He put a wound marker on it earlier for the Wanok.) Then, with both Q9's to one life, I barely managed to cause enough wounds to destroy it. A long, drawn out, game the second half was.

This was also Sam's first tourney, and I must say he's an extremely good player. He knew what my units were capable of, and how to win against me. It was just luck on my side again.

Win/Loss: 3-0

Now I was about to face my own army!

Game 4 vs. Deroche (Gordon) on Guardian
Army:
Raelin 1.0
Warforged x4
Krav Manga Agents

I've used the Warforged before in tourney settings, so I felt comfortable playing them. The only thing is I don't like Raelin 1.0, so I tend to completely forget about her aura. I haven't used the Krav in years either, though they are good units. I was already set up for a tough match.

Gordon moved Q9 first to take the treasure glyph, an attack +1, which wouldn't help him much. But he made the error to not count his movements, and got himself stuck. He also sent Mittens to take the glyph of intiative +8, again without counting the movement until he was already moving him. He send the Vipers out to take the glyph and attack my advanced Warforged and Krav, but had little effect. My Krav set out to attack Mittens and Q9, and put a few wounds on them, but not enough to cause any worry. Q9 took out two and a Viper took one. And they were in Raelin's aura but I forgot. But at least Gordon forgot to Frenzy.

Q9 took height, and I slowly made my way to him. But they would get close, once in a while cause a wound, and Q9 would attack with an enhanced normal attack. Eventually I lost when Q9 popped Raelin at the max of his range. Only a few Vipers and Mittens fell in the fight.

Win/Loss: 3-1

Game 5 vs. Nathan on TrailBlazer
Army:
Taelord
Minions x2
Snipers x1

My first thought was "Ack!" How on earth am I facing (using) this army? I'm completely outnumbered against my own army, and the number of units in this army is dismal. One squad of Snipers ain't worth nothin', as could be said. Nonetheless, I noticed that Nathan placed Q9 right within firing range of one Sniper, who would have height and be under Taelord's aura. All I needed was initiative, and I could possibly take Q9 down with one attack. (Rolling 3 dice could result in 6 skulls! A long shot, but a good risk.)

So, first OM went on the Snipers, and I won intiative! I moved the Sniper up the road, gathered my dice, and he rolled , which Q9 promptly rolled 4 . And the game preceeded just the same. Anytime Nathan rolled a or two on a Minion, I about every time. I would move to attack, and it wouldn't connect. Q9 got wounded, and a few Vipers fell, but I completely lost this game.

I guess that's want happens when you play an army with dice!

Nathan went on the win his first tournament. Congrats Nathan! I admit I'm suprised that he won with such a *cough*crappy*cough* army, but he knew how to use and how to beat it. (As he surely did to me.) (No offense Nathan to your army build, but I would never have personally considered to bring that kind of army. But you proved me wrong!)

And this shows something else about the Reverse the Whip format. I suspect that we have a person and army that no one else thought of that will win this year's Championship. Based on how I have played, there is a good chance that I will make it to Day 2. But I seriously wonder if I will win. But, I will he happy to make it to Day 2, so I will bring this army.

And once again I came in 4th place. I always seem to end up in 4th or 5th. I can't seem to do better than my first tourney.

Last edited by MegaSilver; July 16th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Gordon moved Q9 first to take the treasure glyph, an attack +1, which wouldn't help him much. But he made the error to not count his movements, and got himself stuck. He also sent Mittens to take the glyph of intiative +8, again without counting the movement until he was already moving him.
??

Not sure what you mean by "made the error" ...

I knew ahead of time neither Mittens or Q9 could get to the glyphs in one turn, so it took two OMs worth of movement to get there. And sure, I do tend to count out the physical movements with my figure, just in case I missed something when making the count in my mind or to see if a figure can even fit where it's trying to go (which Q9 had troubles with on that first move...I don't exactly recall, but apparently you do).

What am I missing? Did I commit to moving my figures by touching them or something? Assuming that's not the case, your description of our match reads as if I screwed up with my opening moves and I don't feel that's the case. Do you disagree?

Old July 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Gordon moved Q9 first to take the treasure glyph, an attack +1, which wouldn't help him much. But he made the error to not count his movements, and got himself stuck. He also sent Mittens to take the glyph of intiative +8, again without counting the movement until he was already moving him.
??

Not sure what you mean by "made the error" ...

I knew ahead of time neither Mittens or Q9 could get to the glyphs in one turn, so it took two OMs worth of movement to get there. And sure, I do tend to count out the physical movements with my figure, just in case I missed something when making the count in my mind or to see if a figure can even fit where it's trying to go (which Q9 had troubles with on that first move...I don't exactly recall, but apparently you do).

What am I missing? Did I commit to moving my figures by touching them or something? Assuming that's not the case, your description of our match reads as if I screwed up with my opening moves and I don't feel that's the case. Do you disagree?
I believe I was refering to the bold above. You continually said during your first turn with Q9 something along the lines of "That's not good" and/or "I didn't do that right." I can't quite remember. But it appeared to me you were having trouble moving Q9, and that was what I was trying to refer to in my report.

And, where's your report at for the tourney, Deroche? I haven't seen yours up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports