Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Thanks, Dignan.

I agree with everything you said. I too felt there was a little too much cover over the sand area, but never got around to fixing it. I'll be sure to look into all the suggestions you and any of the other BoV judges have to offer. Thanks for the honest review.

~Rednax
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'd like to nominate:
Fen Orc Fort by Velenne

This is a very fun map and I have used it many times, even at some small tournament style events I've run.

Last edited by tcglkn; August 9th, 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Remove Spineback Ridge.
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'd like to nominate Spineback Ridge by Gamebear

And
Fen Orc Fort by Velenne

Both are very fun maps and I have used them many times, even a small tournament like events I run.
I'm pretty sure Spineback ridge is obviously unfair to double spaced figures. I was lucky enough to half to play on the map with Marrden hounds and Q9 at a tournament and this issue came up. Luckily I still won but I really don't feel that this is a minor issue.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I'm pretty sure Spineback ridge is obviously unfair to double spaced figures. I was lucky enough to half to play on the map with Marrden hounds and Q9 at a tournament and this issue came up. Luckily I still won but I really don't feel that this is a minor issue.
You are right, I forgot the BoV doesn't take special rules, they map allows double spaced figures to move between the towers.
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:48 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Fen Orc Fort by Velenne

This is a very interesting and unique build from Velenne (who specializes in these sorts of maps). It looks great and is like nothing else out there. However, having played on this map a handful of times, it is very, very punishing if one side has a dragon. After the first few order markers, the game can be over. It's a fun map, but not for every tournament. NO to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Fen Orc Fort strikes me as an innovative and fun map. Definitely one I'd like to play on, but also one that I would be really nervous seeing at (or selecting for) a tournament.

Given the current prevalence of Dragons, thanks to the Greenscales, I think the Thorian just isn't up for balancing the map well enough and I would really hate to bring an army with doublehex units that were not flying ones.

Beautiful map, but looks designed for a fun draft game at home, not a tourney. I look forward to trying this map out, but in terms of the BOV, I vote NO to review.
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Although Spineback Ridge may not qualify for BOV, I encourage folks to build it. It's a work of engineering genius.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

OK now that Gen Con is over and things are getting back to normal I can try and catch myself up on everything in here.
Fen Orc Fort by Velenne - No to review. I have the same concerns as outlined already by others.

Glacial Overflow by FishTako - Yes to review.

Fulcrum by Dignan - I meant to get this up before Gen Con but life got busy. Fulcrum is a small map that requires 1 RotV and 1 TJ. At initial glance it looks like dragons dominate this map. Even after I played it a few times I felt that way. I even voted no to review it.

After playing on this map over and over again, I actually enjoyed it more and more. The jungle is placed nearly perfectly for melee figures to use it to the fullest advantage. There's some interesting tactics available with the water heading up to the hills on either side.

I am slighlty disappointed at the lack of glyphs. I felt a few t-glyphs could have been put to good use on the map.

Overall though this map impressd me more so as I played more and more. I vote YES to induct it into the BoV.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

If there are any mistakes in the update below, Please PM so that we do not clutter the thread. Thank you.

Updated 8/18/10
Logged Dignan's Ytr Glacial Overflow and Ntr Fen Orc Fort and Yes to Induct Blackroot and No to Induct Fyorlag Swamp
Logged 1Mmirg Ntr Fen Orc Fort
Logged Matthias Ntr Fen Orc Fort
Fen Orc Fort remvoed from review
Logged Matthais Ytr Glacial Overflow and Yes to Induct Fulcrum

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Aquilla's Spring by Kaemon Awasome
YES = 3 (Dignan, 1Mmirg Riggler); NO = 0; Pending = 3 (Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys)

Glacial Overflow by FishTako
YES = 2 (Dignan, Matthias Maccabeus); NO = 1 (Riggler); Pending = 3(1Mmirg, Lonewolf, nyys)

Maps currently being reviewed:

Tell Tail Forest by GeneralRolando
YES = 2 (Matthias Maccabeus, nyys) ; NO = 1 (Dignan); Pending = 3 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, Riggler)

If You Can't Take the Heat by Dignan
YES = 1 (Riggler) ; NO = 0; Pending = 4 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys) * Removed Dignan as map creator

Blackroot by mad_wookie
YES = 1 (Dignan) ; NO = 0; Pending = 5 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys, Riggler)

Fyorlag Swamp by rednax
YES = 1 (Riggler) ; NO = 1 (Dignan) ; Pending = 4 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys)

Jotun's Gap by Dignan
YES = 1 (Matthias Maccabeus) ; NO = 0; Pending = 4 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, nyys, Riggler) *Removed Dignan as map creator

Fulcrum by Dignan
YES = 1 (Matthias Maccabeus) ; NO = 0; Pending = 4 (1Mmirg, Lonewolf, nyys, Riggler) *Removed Dignan as map creator

Burial Marsh by Panopticon
YES = 0 ; NO = 0; Pending = 6 (1Mmirg, Dignan, Lonewolf, Matthias Maccabeus, nyys, Riggler)

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

To the judges: which of the BoV maps do you think is the best? I'd like to know everyone's opinion.
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I vote YES to review Glacial Overflow.

Sorry, yamissflash, I didn't see your post. I really don't have a favorite (I know, lame answer). I have good memories on most all of the BOV maps. And comparing them is quite hard to do. Just thinking back to some recent entries, Elswin Plateau and Fossil are really doing completely different things (with very different footprints, styles, etc.)--but what makes them BOV is that do what their trying to do so effectively and they manage to stay generally balanced at the same time. Quite a feat.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; August 21st, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
To the judges: which of the BoV maps do you think is the best? I'd like to know everyone's opinion.
I'm glad I'm not an active judge and so do not have to answer this question. <grin>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios