Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

I am posting a question on this thread because I think it will get more viewing here: What are the abbreviations for D1 glyphs to be used as symbol-side up glyphs on maps? I would appreciate it if you go to the thread Glyph Abbreviations - Indefinite List to post responses.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Is it alright for me to nominate a map?

If so I nominate rednax's:

Fyorlag Swamp

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Attack

This is an AWESOME map, very symmetric, yet in the very center line has enough difference to change the game. Very simple to build and battle on.

MegaSilver
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Nominate: The Dead Torch
By: LongHeroscaper
I believe the following units (standing on Level 6) are unable to attack a unit (standing on Level 12) on the pillar. I'm unsure if I understood the map correctly, so the italics are for the units I am uncertain about.

Marrden Hounds (Height 4)
Grok Riders (Height 5)
Deathstalkers (Height 5)
Theracus (Height 5)
Tornak (Height 6)
Templar Calvary (Height 6)
Swog Rider (Height 6)
Sir Dupuis (Height 6)
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider (Height 6)
I'm pretty sure the height 6 can reach the pillar! As well as the fact that allthe units are fast(Marrden hound exception), so if you play correctly you can block off the entrance to the tower!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure if my nomination of Just Passing Through was acknowledged. I nominated it along with Blackroot but I haven't seen it since. If you guys just haven't made a decision on it then you can ignore this post.
Oh and I like the looks of Fyorlag Swamp. I'll definitely have to try that one out.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezie View Post
I'm not sure if my nomination of Just Passing Through was acknowledged. I nominated it along with Blackroot but I haven't seen it since.

I missed that in the updates. We'll make sure it's added to the list.

I'm including the properly formatted link for reference later...

Just Passing Through by Dignan

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

NO to review The Dead Torch Any unit with 5 move / 6-7 range can attack from height in a few places on the first OM and with the water in the way they can't be enaged on the ensuing OM.

NO to reviewJust Passing Through by Dignan. One squad of rats can lock this map down way too quickly. I've played quite a few games on this map already.

YES to review Fyorlag Swamp

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Is it alright for me to nominate a map?

If so I nominate rednax's:

Fyorlag Swamp

Requirements: 1 SotM, 1 TJ
Glyphs: Attack

This is an AWESOME map, very symmetric, yet in the very center line has enough difference to change the game. Very simple to build and battle on.

MegaSilver
Thanks for the nomination.

If I could make a few comments:

It takes four turns for non-flying/slithering units with 4-6 move to reach the glyph, so this puts rats at the same level of as all other units with 4-6 move (ignoring aspects of scatter), at least in the aspect of grabbing the glyph. Although it does take a lot of turns, it is a very powerful glyph, so I feel it's worth it.

The start zones are a pretty simple set up, and the other aspects of this map are also pretty simple, with only 3 different levels of height, plus the liquid tiles.

Again, thanks for the nomination.

Last edited by rednax; June 17th, 2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: See post below.
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It takes four turns for units with 4-6 move to reach the glyph, so this puts rats at the same level of as all other units with 4-6 move, at least in the aspect of grabbing the glyph.
In terms of just OMs I agree, but factor in scatter and the rats can still get there faster than any other non-flying unit (in as little as 2 turns). Not a bad thing necessarily, just pointing it out.

YES, to review.

-insert signature here-
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
It takes four turns for units with 4-6 move to reach the glyph, so this puts rats at the same level of as all other units with 4-6 move, at least in the aspect of grabbing the glyph.
In terms of just OMs I agree, but factor in scatter and the rats can still get there faster than any other non-flying unit (in as little as 2 turns). Not a bad thing necessarily, just pointing it out.

YES, to review.
Yes, very true point. I knew that flying/slithering units would obviously get a bonus of getting there a little earlier, but forgot to mention. Scatter would help the rats, but that all depends on if the opponent attacks the rats in the first round.

Thanks for bringing that up nyys.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:22 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Blackroot by mad_wookie
This is an interesting looking build. YES to review.

The Dead Torch by Longheroscaper

A really cool idea and dripping with theme, but it's just too open. NO to review.

Fyorlag Swamp by rednax
Looks interesting. YES to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
In terms of just OMs I agree
I don't. A walking single-hexer with a move of 6 or higher takes 3 turns to reach the glyph, while a walking single-hexer with a move of 4 or 5 takes 4. The water hex that is adjacent to the glyph and adjacent to the level 2 sand is exactly 12 walking spaces away from the closest point in each start zone, counting the two elevation gains.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Huh, missed that route. Nice catch.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios