View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

I definitely don't think she should be Relentless, though. Death Knight bonding is a step too far in my opinion. Just being a Warlord is fine, and Valiant fit her powers well.

I also definitely think you should keep the movement power to boosting only Ullar figures (squad-only optional, maybe, I'd have to look at the heroes more closely first). Romans don't need the help to be better for one, and moving any squad in the game is way too nuts.

OK, back to Valiant. I took the squad restriction from your power, but I'll be glad to make it figures. As to restricting it to Ullar, that is way too limiting. The Romans, in today's meta, need all the help they can get. I want them to benefit from the possibility of being moved by Battle Cry and then being able to move/screen and/or attack right behind her. She would also be so much more useful in a Valiant army.

No, Romans really don't need "all the help they can get." Romans are already one of the best bonding squads in the game and are a solid A- in VC meta. As a comparison, VC usually aims for around the B level.

Moving any figures in your army, as you currently have it, is also way too powerful. Move Raelin for free? Hard pass. I strongly recommend limiting it to Ullar, probably Ullar squad figures (because Theracus). It's thematic and restrained, doesn't require considering every figure in the game to see where her power level is, and doesn't limit future design space.

Also, LO has a good point about the name "A Soldier's Endurance." Perhaps something to call into her nature as valiant leader would help, such as "Valiant Push/Assault."

Quote:
There was some push back against it, but I think the inclusion of Enslave 17 cries out for Demetria to have Succubus as her Species.
Like Scytale, I don't think Succubus fits as a species and preferred Undead (partially because I still think making her a vampire is coolest, but that's me). But I think Succubus could maybe work as the class? Though Succubi are traditionally demons.
(Edit - Looking at her power set again, I think it would be worth considering dropping Sonic Sword SA to 3 Attack to give some gameplay choice between using it vs her normal attack.)

As for pricing, I think Rania is looking to land somewhere in the 130-150 range (assuming the Ullar restriction), and Demetria is probably somewhere 110-130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I think at 50 Points he's actually been powered up so that he's less interesting than he would have been were he lower. I thought he was cooler as an ambush predator who can't really take hits.
Isn't that what he is right now? Stats-wise, I mean. I do think his price could come down to as low as 35 potentially, comparing him with other similar figures in that point range like Maltis Tez and Siiv. (Or upping the power to Ambush 3 would be interesting and probably make him worth 50 or a tad more.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19