View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:42 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 1/9/19!

Most definitely, I really like how it's shaping up! Moving up that snow hex to be next to the road was a good move -- I like that all of the highest points are next to road to allow melee to engage quickly. Also helps with those points having good shooting lanes but being pretty vulnerable.

Just some thinking out loud (because I tend to think through writing and then post anyway for whatever reason ): I really like the zoning on the map (and in general with your maps) so that figures need to be moving out of the start zone to get good hits in, and can be protected during their advance. I do think that this one could be potentially super good for fast kiting range like Krav or Marro Warriors who can rush out of the start zone and then pin an army back in its own start zone. Not 100% convinced it's an issue -- I'd have to build/play to be sure -- but it would be the main thing I looked out for. Though, the road is abundant enough that as long as a couple figures on it can survive, they can engage almost anywhere that the shots would be coming from. So thinking it through I'm about 75% convinced it's not an issue, but is the one thing I'd be looking out for at this stage.

Though speaking of road and protected advances, I wonder if there's a way you could move two road spaces to curve around the columns on the right side of the start zone? That would give figures a place to hide and then run out on the road the next turn (and notably hit the glyph), and you have that going on already on the left side. Just a thought.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19