View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'd love some Hunter synergy in the game, but not bonding. to review.

In response to the name, I started reading the arguments thinking that the reasons for keeping Wulfing were stronger, but as I read it seems to me that the counterpoints being brought up are actually just proving Dad_Scaper's point. While inspiration from mythology has always been loose with Heroscape (as it always is with fantasy), actual historical inspirations have stuck with historical designs. So I'm currently agreeing that changing the name to an homage instead of a direct lift would be the better choice. (It's also an easy change, and DS is probably one of the best people on the site to help workshop an homage with.) I'm not 100% certain if I would downvote on it, since it seems like the line between nonfiction and fiction here is blurred, but that's the way I'd be leaning. I would probably wait a tad longer to see how the conversation plays out.

That said, I actually think that making them historical humans is way more interesting than fantasy humanoids. Wouldn't downvote on that, but it feels Roman, and Romans are cool.

I realize that the name bit didn't come under scrutiny the last time the card went through the process, but imho it's good when new things come to light. Even if it's a little more effort in the process, it only helps the unit to become the ultimate best it can be.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19