Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Workshop Thread

Valledon Fortress by @antmarchingroves

My concerns with the original version of Valledon Fortress had to do with the yours/mine height in the snow area of the map, and the chokepoints surrounding it. The area was the strongest part of the map and the focus of every battle.

This new version is much more open in the right spots, while still retaining the excellent Line of Sight blocking available to it with the castle pillars. It still has zones for armies to fight over, but they work together much more now as they feed into each other. Figures are also able to move around the map more easily, and the pathing of the map as a whole flows really well. Each game I played on it had a lot of back and forth as figures used the whole map to their advantage, and it made for great gameplay.

All the while, Valledon Fortress 2.0 keeps all the strengths it had. Great aesthetics and theme, and great use of terrain and height. The glyph location are still strong, and the preset glyph choice makes the battle over them even more interesting -- they're well-chosen and impact the battle without dominating it.

I will nitpick the start zones, because they're not super intuitive and don't have a visual cue to know where they are. Happily, that is just that: a nitpick.

I vote to accept Valledon Fortress.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19