View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
I really like the Orc Warriors. I suppose you don't have the other figures for this squad? I really like first strike. People might try to argue that the wording of this power means that you get that ability if you draft Blade Gruts or Heavy Gruts as well since they are also Orc Warriors. Maybe you should change their name to 'Orc Warriors of...' for instance so that the wording in the power can be more specific.
Good point. I originally wanted a more specific name and played around with Mordor Spears or Orc Spears, but they sounded too much like an individual's name to me, possibly because of Britney Spears (curse you!). Now I'm thinking I might rename the squad Mordor Orcs.

As for Lurtz's ability, it does have the potential to hit hard, but I was hoping the manuevering required to surround a target with orcs and the fact that it was a single shot against one target would help balance it out. As you said, playtesting will tell. I think if I end up making any change to it, it will simply be to lower the max bonus to +2 auto skulls.