View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:20 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Ultron and Scarlet Witch cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
And yes, I know that "1 less..." is not grammatically correct and it should be "1 fewer..." but Heroscape (as well as some other games rules I found on the internet) has already set the precedent to use the "less" language incorrectly. I consider it game "slang".
Actually, "less" is correct usage here because you're referring to a singular, not a plural (in this case, one die). "Fewer" is used when referring to plural people and things that can be counted - fewer cars on the road, fewer cookies in the jar, etc...