View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: If You Must Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
The reason I went for the glyph the second time is that Sir H could've easily gotten attacks on me with the troopers and I wanted to strike first. I could've done something different but about 60% of the glyph pool helped me with G Trooper engagement which was a possibility with how I was going to play it, so it seemed reasonable. The reason I wasn't aggressive with the hounds is that the obvious choice (in my opinion) is to kill the forward hounds and since they were all gonna be on low ground it felt riskier to charge the shooting gallery than to try and hope for good dice to kill the leading gorillas and then roll up with all my hounds. Talking with a couple people after the game, the smart play was to play conservatively from the beginning with the hounds since I was the favorite and then bring in Quahon. Oh well, learned things for the future and that's always the goal in these games.

~Dysole, who admittedly struggles with making riskier plays
That's a great explanation. I do think that you could have still rolled hounds forward with their 8 move to protected spots to get more plague rolls in since that's your only way to deal damage to Troopers, but that's from an outside perspective. If I were in your place in game I honestly probably would have played it out the way you did, as I struggle with riskier plays too (and it's a big mindset change from playing a game vs watching a game). It would be interesting to see the matchup if you had led with hounds, as I could see that working out well.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19