View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Helm's Deep

I ran a Helm's Deep scenario using my LotR customs for the Gang of Four last week on the map designed by peteparkerh. I played the Uruk-hai army vs. chas and kolakoski, who defended the fortress. Here are some pics I took during the game:

The Uruk-hai gather outside the walls...

Aragorn, Legolas lead a small force of men and elves defending the fortress...

Krug and an Olog-hai lead the assault on the fortress door...

Defenders wait behind the walls in reserve...

Tornak leads some Heavy Gruts past the shattered door...

Legolas rains arrows down from the watchtower...

Lurtz and his Uruk-hai climb the walls and are met by Aragorn and the Knights of Weston...

Gandalf and Eomer arrive with reinforcements in the Uruk-hai's rear...

The Uruk-hai gain control of the wall, but are too few to hold it for long...

In the end, my Uruk-hai army lost the scenario, which I probably made too difficult for the attackers. All in all, though, it was a fun day of Heroscape and it was great to see the Helm's Deep map in person. Completely worth every minute of the two hours (!) it took me to build it.