View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I don't come out often, but *why* do all maps have to be different? I'm lazy, I'd pick seven different ones and do three copies of each. That's a lot less searching for the organizers.

Having said that, I can bring...several maps. 10-12 if necessary.
Haha, I should have expected that level of help from you! Thanks so much!!
@BiggaBullfrog , I didn't say I was going to bring that many.. But I'll start off with:
Sidewinder
A Couple Puddles
Infiltrator
Vulcan
Haha, of course. I was getting ahead of myself. I definitely wouldn't want to require that many maps out of anyone.
Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I'd actually rather do like you said: pick some and then have multiple copies of each. With our more casual beginnings, though, I know that a lot of people have preferred a wider variety than multiple copies of a certain map, so that's what we've rolled with. If we keep needing this many maps consistently, though, I'm definitely going to start reconsidering the pattern.
More than eight different types should never be necessary for a four-round tournament, IMO. That makes it likely that players won't be assigned to repeat a map. Hopefully.
I can agree with that. I think that with our smaller beginnings when we were averaging 10 maps per event it was okay to have 10 different maps since that's not a huge deal, but I haven't reevaluated the system recently enough. You've got really good points, though, and I think I'll start working out a system for future events.

That said, we do have one more map being added to the pool this go around for good measure:
It's a Tree: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19