View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 06:02 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
D-Day Landings is actually an extended version of the Breakthrough format, which uses a deeper board (or boards). It is a newer version format than Overlord, which itself came out with the original game, but required two sets.

The best general advice for Overlord (which I sometimes solitaire or only play with two players) is:

1. to have the most experienced player be the Commander In Chief, who gives out the cards!

2. And don't forget the possibility of the Intiative Roll, when a Field General who doesn't get any cards on a turn can roll to activate a unit by himself.

3. There is a separate Overlord expansion. If you get this it has all the rules together, and a separate set of cards which makes it a lot easier to play, as each card has icons at the top indicating who can receive it!
@chas : thanks for the advice. I have two boards and the overlord expansion. Currently I have four to play. Will that work or do I have to get to 6-8?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.