Thread: MagicScape!
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: MagicScape!

Intresting idea, however it needs a lot clearer ruleset to be usable.

For example, does Shock count as an attack (I'm assuming you get to roll defense dice against it, since you said 'defending figure')? If so, normal or special? Would a figure get height advantage against a shock if the 'Planeswalker' figure was on lower ground? Would stealth dodge work if the figure was not adjacent to the Planeswalker?

Does a figure's attack count as power and defense as toughness? I would assume yes based on how -x/-x powers work. So a Magic card that said 'Destroy target creature with power 2 or less' would work on a Deathreaver right?

What does exile do? Anything? What about cards that bounce creatures back to your hand? What about Sacrifice effects?

What about cards that give abilties like Trample and Deathtouch? Do they not do anything? If not, how do they work?

What about cards that create creature tokens? Do they not work at all? Even if they have other effects?

How about Artifacts that can become creatures? Can I not include them at all, or can I just not turn them into a creature?

Does the heroscape power flying count as the magic ability flying for cards that care about it? What about Stealth Flying?

Does your chosen Planeswalker figure count as a creature for spells? I assume it keeps its heroscape stats and powers? Can it be Mindshackled? Does it count as Planeswalker for cards like dreadbore? Does it count as a ‘Player’ for cards that target players?

Can cards that gain life raise a Planeswalker figure's life above 20? Are wound markers still placed on the figures card? Do wounds count as damage for damage prevention effects?

How would Planeswalkers (the card type) work?

Does your Planeswalker need to be within 7 spaces of an opponent’s Planeswalker to counter a spell of his?

Can figures receive +1/+1 counters? What about -1/-1 counters? If so, would they affect an entire squad?

Do figures have a color or colors? (I assume no) If not, do they count as colorless?

Do 'markers' (like Morsbane's negation markers) count as 'counters' for Proliferate? I assume no, certainly not wound markers at least.

Quote:
-All nonequipment artifacts, nonaura enchantments, and lands are considered to be on the spaces the controlling Planeswalker occupies. To destroy them with a spell, a Planeswalker must be able to target the Planeswalker controlling the permanent to destroy it.
Is this only true for 'destroy' effects?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; January 8th, 2014 at 09:48 PM.