Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2020, 11:13 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Workshop Thread

I love maps that have a progression to how the battle develops, and that’s exactly what I see here, so I’m really excited for this map!

I actually disagree with my fellow judges — I think a random glyph is fine for this map. Setting too strong of a glyph will give too much of an edge to an army that is able to quickly claim that far corner. And I think the development of the action, for the most part, is pretty solid. In a standard battle you’ll meet at the close low ground, develop onto the high ground in that area to get an edge, and then start flanking and taking the glyph to get more of an edge, especially with any range the armies have.

In my opinion, the main struggle that the map currently has is the start zone layout. I think that if the start zones had more of an easy access along the road, it would promote even more the development into the glyph/height area. It still should be a bit of an effort to capture the same feeling of battle progression, but as it is right now I think it may take a bit too much effort, which may lead into the one-note battles that the other judges are concerned about.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19