View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2010, 12:43 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Spite's Custom Units - Air Elementalist & Archon, 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Nice job , I'm not really a fan of the DnD elementals, but I really like what you've done with these guys.
Do you mean the D1 elementals, or the Archon figures? I love the Archon sculpts, particularly Earth. And Water. Fire is less impressive than the others.
The D1 elementals, I'm just not a fan of elementals as common mooks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1
My only real problem is with the Air Archon's powers. Archons are like super-elementals right? If so, it seems odd to me that he doesn't have any sort of air powers of his own. I like the powers he has, but they're both support powers of sorts, neither really scream 'I'm a man made of wind!' to me.
Arg. That's so true. But I'm not sure how to change him. I like him as a summoned figure, so that has to be on his card. I want him to benefit the Air Elemental somehow, because it's pretty flimsy otherwise. And I want all my Archons to grow beefier to various degrees as the smaller elementals die off. Not sure how I can simplify him to make room for a thematic ability. But you're right--he should have one.
What about changing elemental reinforcement to a more thematic wind power that grows stronger when you put air elementals on his card? Like a version of Swirling Vortex that increases in range or something?

I kind of like that idea, sort of like reverse wyrmlings, maybe all the Archons could have improved or similar powers to their elementals that you can boost with dead elementals.

Quote:
Quote:
Points wise, I'd say 110-120 for Sephyn, 50-60 for the Archon.
Really?? I'm with you on Sephyn, but you realize when 2 Air Elementals die, the Archon becomes a 5A/5D, right? That seems awfully cheap to me. Maybe I'm overestimating him.
I might be completely of base, but I think the summoning really lowers his points. Compared to the Airborne or the Retchets, the Archon's summoning is pretty much a pure negative. He doesn't get to pop up where ever he pleases or take a free turn, and a swarm army could completely negate the chance of him coming out if it gets lucky.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the idea of the -mancers summoning their archons very cool idea.

Quote:
Good stuff. Thanks man. This thread got completely ignored when I first posted it. I'm hoping it's just because cards without pictures are boring. Anyway, thanks for your insight.

~Spite, *sigh* back to work
No problem, I owe you for all you done in my mod thread. Plus, I really like the idea behind these guys you're working on. And, I wouldn't worry about the lack of responses, the custom card section is just kind of chaotic right now, it's easy for good threads to get over looked when half the site is starting to make customs for the first time.

----
EDIT
----

Just noticed this, is there any particular reason the Archon can save an air elemental within 4 spaces but has to place it within 3 spaces of himself? Not a game breaker or anything, just seems kind of odd to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; December 19th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.