View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@TrueMurray - I'll take being called a scrub considering the joy I felt watching my Havech Eradicators blast through your Havech Eradicators. That and Spiderman dodging all your best attacks. Lol. I felt so loved watching that video.
It's too bad you missed the Monthly yesterday so True could have told you how sorry he was. He said he'll do his best to not be "on one" when we record in the future.

Quote:
I had thought about bringing up Heirloom after the first round, but with the amount of figures superfrog was able to move each turn, I figure by the time I was able to get Heirloom into position to take shots at Skeletons, he would've been able to disperse them pretty easily so that I was able to only hit 1 (maybe 2 if I was lucky) with Heirloom's Force Orb attack. Even if I'd rolled him up earlier, I don't think superfrog would have had his figures clumped as much as he did. Thus, I deferred to the greater chance of multiple attacks (and the chance of rolling more attack dice) by being more aggressive with the Warforged.
That's actually why I love playing Heirloom with the Warforged -- if you're using your OMs and placement to fake out your opponent, they have to worry about an explosion attack and are more prone to spread out, which is what the Warforged love. When they're going against a spread out opponent they get more options with their switches and are less likely to get overwhelmed (which is important due to their relatively high points-per-figure).

Quote:
As far as bringing Guilty up, again, I wanted to utilize the greater number of attacks with more dice.
So the theory I was getting at here was that you'd get free attacks with Guilty. 7 Range vs 4 Move means you don't have to worry about him getting engaged, so you get free pot shots while your opponent is developing. So that would be more attacks with more dice over the long run. If they want to get Guilty, they have to spread themselves pretty thin (already a big commitment vs a 30 point figure), which again plays into the strength of the Warforged, who like to take 1v1 fights. And, like I said, if they slow roll a bit more and take the strong positions on the board, the Warforged can fight that well too with their switching. That's why those long range attackers are a great counterpart for Warforged especially (and melee in general), in my opinion.

Overall it was a really fun game to watch, which is why I watched it twice! Crazy endgames are always fun!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19