View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
EDIT: I'm not concerned about the automatic Grab. Chainfighters have 6 move and the range is 3, and even then it's really high odds they get it. That's a much bigger threat range AND offensive potential ...so a 4 move tentacle that can grab from just 2 spaces away for an automatic grab doesn't seem so bad.
I disagree. The Chainfighter can only place figures on the same level and has few synergies to take full advantage of that, whereas the Binder could be the first turn of three and place the figure on any level, with the other two turns benefiting heavily from the automatic grab with their adjacency boosts. I think that a D20-roll makes sense in this context.
Yup to Astroking here. Also, you can take 3 turns with the Binders, and with no roll and no same-height limitations, you could easily steal a key figure and move it across the board, or dunk a key figure in lava, or steal a key figure from across the board and dunk it in lava. Definitely should have a D20 roll, and maybe a same-height restriction because even just moving it onto lower ground then hitting it with other shadows is pretty pretty good.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19