View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 11/6 - Wolverine

After thinking about it overnight, I gotta say - rolling dice is fun.

As I see it, I could go two ways with this Healing Factor:

1) At the end of each round, remove two wound markers from this card.

or

2) At the end of each round, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for every Wound Marker on Wolverine's card. If you roll a 10 or higher, you may remove up to 3 Wound Markers from this card.

Bat's way, option 1, is probably more realistic. Option 2 allows me to roll dice. I think both options involve different kinds of strategizing. Bat's strategy is as he described it. With option 2, there's an element of risk that needs to be considered when a player is deciding whether or not to keep Wolvie in a fight. Also, the ability to choose how many wounds to remove should combine with his Berserker Rage stipulation to make for some agonizing decisions ("Should I remove as many wounds as I can, or should I leave him wounded enough to use his Special Attack?")

Also, I'd like to point out that superhero comics being what they are, Logan's healing factor has been depicted incosistently over the years, anyway. Sometimes it's more low-key and other times he can recover from a nuclear blast.