View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2018, 03:31 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's Maps, and Scenarios

I like the looks of Valcarren Crevice. It's got a pretty good basic design going on. The side-to-side movement is a little rough, but not terrible in my opinion. Though I think in order to help melee units crossing through the crevice you could try rearranging the LoS blockers. Right now they're just kind of there, but if you rearrange them to where they'll be shielding figures running through the middle and hindering those on the non-lava height then that will help the map out a ton. I also have very very very mild concerns about the holes in the map where you can see the table -- nothing game breaking, just a mild aesthetic nitpick. I wouldn't outright reject a map on that alone. But overall it looks pretty cool and I think it's headed in a good direction.
Though I have to say - it's Volcarren, not Valcarren. And the name is throwing me off like crazy. I don't know if that's intentional, but every time I see it I react. I shouldn't, but I do.

Volcanic Warehouse is a neat idea, but way too small for competitive use. Could be cool as a small Scraps-style map though.

Edge of the Jungle makes me hungry because the swamp water is shaped like a pretzel. You've already submitted it so I won't worry about going too far into workshopping-oriented comments, but it looks cool overall. A solid choice for submission - I could have seen this one or Volcarren Crevice as a good submission. Great work!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19