View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2018, 02:16 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Bol by The Dewk

--

Balance

Compared to the official 10 pointers, he's not as crazy good as Isamu but also not as useless as Otonashi, which is right where he should be.

--

Theme

Theme wise, the design works fine for me. I've no issue with a good-aligned goblin and the power-set feels very 'cowardly fantasy movie sidekick' to me, which I can dig.

--

Creativity

The only really new power here is Opportunism, but it's a pretty nice one. It gives him some use outside of pure clean-up or Brigand filler, and gives him a unique identity compared to the ninjas.

--

Playability

Bol rarely does much, but that's fitting as a 10 point filler figure. Outside of a Brigand army, I found he was most useful in Heat of Battle, or on very small maps, where his Opportunism turns could most easily be put to use when they come up. In a Brigand army, he's pretty much pure clean-up most of the time as Opportunism can't trigger on Brigand deaths, nobody else is likely to have Order Markers, and he's usually only worth activating if there's no other Rogues to bond with. However, on the right map the Brigands might give him an early turn to secure a glyph, and against Large or Huge figures he can be worth early activations as an expendable suicide bomber.

--

Summary

Overall, I thought Bol was a fun little figure with a fair bit of use for his price. If nothing else, he lets you do something else beyond sitting on your thumbs if you lose a hero loaded with Order Markers, that alone is worth quite a bit to someone with my luck.

I vote to induct the Bol to the SoV.

--

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store