Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Maps & Scenarios (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gang of Four Maps & Scenarios - Moonscape Castle! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39494)

kolakoski February 2nd, 2012 04:14 PM

Gang of Four Maps & Scenarios - Moonscape Castle!

Well met!

This is a compilation of my Maps & Scenarios - go to the sources for more pictures . . .

It Must Be Snakes! (Pics in IMBS Battle Report)

Here is the map we played on, built with Slither in mind:

Generalscape

[Map pics to come]

The Pride of Barsoom!

[Sample Ship pictures will be inserted as soon as the Gallery is restored.]

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...a_fixed_3a.bmp
[This was taken before modification to add the second half of the Map]

Different Version . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...pgll_thumb.jpg

Escape Through Endor! - a HoSS Scenario

Posted Today at 01:25 PM by kolakoski
Updated Today at 02:19 PM by kolakoski
Well met!

Awesome, it's like Endor!
~ Arch-vile, referring to early pic of this map.

I did have a vague idea of setting this in a forest a la
Escape Through the Haunted Forest!, and will be more specific about simulating platforms among trees in my next HoSS map. I was really thinking of a center power source of Molten Lava beneath platforms in a sort of industrial setting, with Elevators solving the problem of excessive height Castle Set pillars pose, and Rope Swings for stereotypical, heroic travel between platforms. The Lava and platforms were therefore built first, with the Trees and Jungle, and the Start Zones, with Palms and pillars, added afterwards. I also added Ice and Snow, so that Escape Through the Haunted Forest! could be played on this map. This scenario is actually an adaptation of Escape Through the Haunted Forest! for HoSS. Of course, this map may be used for any other scenario, HoSS or not, that the players wish.

Escape Through Endor!

The Gladiators have managed to temporarily escape from the Coliseum (see Vengeance of the Gladiators!), but are hotly pursued by the Valhallan New Romans. Suddenly, appearing seemingly out of nowhere, they are confronted by two glowing Portals. From one, a plea for help from a young woman, the other, a promise of untold wealth and power, both referencing an alien Artifact of unknown power. A choice must be made, and quickly . . .

The Map.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...189_231035.jpg

Endor, containing Trees, Jungle, Ice, Water, Shadow, and Snow. The Ice and Snow are normal (no extra movement points required). The Start Zones are the Sand hexes at either end of the map. There are Red Glyphs, representing Elevators, and Gold Glyphs, representing Rope Swings.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...184_412828.jpg

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...187_565006.jpg

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...188_558548.jpg

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...190_467237.jpg

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191_704605.jpg

The Armies.

Each Player will create a team of Gladiators, consisting of 600 points (
Delta+ pricing) of small or medium Unique Heroes (no Warlords (as they belong to the Crowd), no Marvel, no customs except for VC (C3V/SoV), no Soulborgs or Undead, plus at least one, but not more than two, Uncommon Large or Huge Unique Heroes (Giants) (from the list below).

Ogre Warhulk
Greater Ice Elemental
Master of the Hunt
Frost Giant of Mohr
Ogre Pulverizer
Feral Troll
Ice Troll Berserker

Players may also use the
Competitive Unit Congress modifications and prices. For example, Moriko costs 80 points in Delta+. A Player may draft her at that price, or draft the CUC-modified version (for 110 points), with Disappearing Ninja, as follows:

If Moriko is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to disappear. If you roll 1-12, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 13 or higher, Moriko takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Moriko can disappear only if she ends her disappearing move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

Depending upon which Portal they chose to enter (determined in any way the Players desire), one Player will add Darth Vader (220 points) to his Army, while the other will add Princess Leia (100 points) and Han Solo (120 points) to his/her Army. [As more HoSS heroes become available, they may be added in whatever combinations yield roughly similar point totals.]

Elevators and Rope Swings.

Only Medium/Small units may use Rope Swings. Any unit may use the Elevators. No units may end their movement on Elevator or Rope Swing Glyphs. Units count moving onto a Glyph as 1 movement point, and continue their movement from the destination Glyph onto the hex adjacent to it (costing an additional movement point), and may continue moving with any remaining movement points. Movement via Elevator is only vertical (up or down), while Rope Swing movement is horizontal, and a unit may swing no more than 6 hexes, but may not swing through the Great Evergreens.

The Artifact Bearer.

Darrak Ambershard is the carrier of the Artifact. He begins the game on the Molten Lava hex (from which he takes no damage). Any unit may Carry Darrak Ambershard. No OMs may be placed on Darrak Ambershard. He may be killed, in which case the Artifact is lost.

Carrying Darrak Ambershard.

A friendly unit which begins its movement adjacent to an unengaged Darrak Ambershard may, after moving, place Darrak Ambershard adjacent to itself. Darrak Ambershard may not be Carried through the air (no flying), but may be Carried on a Rope Swing or Elevator. No unit Carrying Darrak Ambershard may Phantom Walk or Ghost Walk.

Victory Conditions.

The Player that Carries Darrak into his/her opponent's Start Zone wins.

If neither Victory Condition is achieved after 10 Rounds of play, the Player that killed the most points of enemy units wins.

kolakoski February 6th, 2012 02:40 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps - New Map Added - 2/6

Well met!

Sacrifice! - A Journey to the Center of Valhalla added.

kolakoski February 9th, 2012 11:06 AM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps - New Map Added 2/9

Well met!

This was to be a display of the free building process, but I accidentally deleted the pictures prior to completion.:duh: After placing the start zones, I laid down all my Grass, then all my Rock (and the lava Field/Molten Lava), then all my Sand (and Trees), then all my Dungeon (except the 24-hexers), then most of my Road/Castle Ground, and, finally, Jungle, Water and Shadow (and Battlements). This Map has no name or scenario to go with it, although it is similar to Sacrifice! - A Journey to the Center of Valhalla in terms of being built around a Lava Field 7-hexer.

The Marvel Asphalt, on the left, and concrete, on the right, are 3-way, split start zones of from top to bottom, 7, 6, and 8 hexes, respectively.

Here, you can see the Swamp 7-hexers that I used to raise the start zones mid-build above water level.

The ladders ascend from shadow.

There is a long Shadow path running almost the entire length of the Map.

Closer look - there's Shadow at the base - really!

Notice how the levels are uniformly colored along the sides, rather than striped, as in Sacrifice!

As usual, most of my terrain is on this card table, except for the Castle towers, and remaining Battlements (with extras from Auggies), and Ruins. This map is "busy," as my Maps tend to be, as I like to include lots of LoS blockers and defensive terrain. There are those who dislike Trees and Jungle on the same Map, especially juxtaposed relatively near to each other, as I have done here. Fair enough, although the areas containing each are clearly defined on this Map. I plan to address this issue by rebuilding from the point right after all the Sand was laid down (tonight or tomorrow night), with additional pictures on Monday.

kolakoski February 13th, 2012 10:44 AM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps - New Map Added 2/13/12

Well met!

Tentatively designated as The Divided City!, this is Sacrifice!

torn down to the Sand and rebuilt.

kolakoski February 17th, 2012 01:23 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps - New Map Added 2/13/12

Well met!

Castle Crawl! added:

kolakoski February 21st, 2012 01:45 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps - New Map Added 2/17/12!

Well met!

Castle Crawl Redux! added.

kolakoski March 9th, 2012 07:26 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps & Scenarios - New Map Added 2/21/12!

Well met!

Just finished a great new Map, but pictures may not be forthcoming for a while, as I was recently "let go," and I no longer have access to the editor I was using. Anyways, here's a description:

"
Hey Guys

I just finished a Map that's so good (if I do say so myself) that I had to write you all about it. I'll post pictures if I can (not having access to the editor at work anymore), but, in the mean time, I'll try and describe it. As usual, it is the size of a card table, with no extra space around it, not even Start Zones. The Map is absolutely symmetrical. At either end is a Gate, a Railing suspended between 2 Pillars, each Pillar attached to an additional Pillar, which has a Ladder on it. The Gates are fronted by Great Evergreens in the center, flanked by 2 Evergreens. Water flows around the Great Evergeens and diagonally to the left, to Shadow and 2 Jungle Bushes flanking a single Pillar. That corner of the Map, closer to the Gate, on the left,, has a long Ruin. Beyond the Pillar is some Swamp and a Jungle Palm, which is next to a Ladder which ascends the end of a long Wall, which runs in an upside down S shape from corner to corner (those not containing long Ruins). At the ends of the S, around the outside, from the Swamp, is a trail of Swamp Water, with a Shadow Path on its outside, leading around a Hive, next to the opposite Gate. Within each end of the S is a Dungeon tiled area, separated from the center by Battlements. In the center is a hex of Molten Lava surrounded by Shadow. Out from the center are 3 Outcrops on each side. Above the Molten Lava, as the center of the Wall, is the Bridge. Upon the Center of the bridge is a single Pillar. There is Road leading from the left side of each Gate that goes to the Ladder which ascends the end of the Wall, and to the Ladder that ascends to the Bridge, beyond the central Pillar.

Because of all the interesting paths that exist, linking the various landmarks, each with unique defensive terrain, plus all the height (the Gates, the single outside Pillars, and the long Wall (with its own central Pillar)), this Map is perfect for a Capture the Flag type game (which would be placed on the central hex under each Gate). The objective would be to capture the opposing Flag and bring it back through your Gate. No respawning or anything. It's a beautiful Map, good enough to leave up indefinitely, until such time as I can get anyone over here to play it."

kolakoski March 10th, 2012 01:40 AM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps & Scenarios - New Map Added 2/21/12!

Well met!

Pics at last!? . . .

My computer won't let me paste them here, but they're in the Gallery here under my name in Battlefields called Ctf.

kolakoski March 10th, 2012 05:30 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps & Scenarios - New Map Added 3/10/12!

Well met!

"
My computer won't let me paste them here, but they're in the Gallery here under my name in Battlefields called Ctf."

Added more pics of this Map to the Gallery this afternoon.

kolakoski April 15th, 2012 07:00 PM

Re: Kolakoski's Maps & Scenarios - New Scenario Added 4/15/1

Well met!

In anticipation of the continued presence of Mikeyblaze and Pauliesmiley at our monthly Gang of Four gatherings, I have prepared a new scenario, The Pride of Barsoom!, for my next turn as host.

kolakoski April 20th, 2012 01:58 PM

Re: Kolakoski's and chas' Place

Well met!

This thread has been renamed to give long overdue credit to chas. See A Paen to a Friend.

kolakoski April 25th, 2012 08:21 PM

Re: Kolakoski's and chas' Place

Well met!

Although the gallery is down, you can still upload into your Avarar/Signature (and Profile Picture) as you see here with pictures of a Pride of Barsoom prototype.