Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Khosumet the Darklord (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8425)

dnutt99 May 7th, 2007 10:34 PM

The Book of Khosumet the Darklord

The Book of Khosumet the Darklord
Utgar's Rage - Collection 2 - "Heroes of Barrenspur"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Ruthless, relentless, bloodthirsty Khosumet is perhaps the finest example of Utgar's rage. This vicious wolf warrior is known as Utgar's grim reaper, and with good reason: charging furiously into battle swinging his swift, razor-sharp khopesh, Khosumet is well equipped to cut a path of destruction through tough enemy lines. Friendly warriors who battle by his side become energized and even more deadly. Only utter defeat will stop him, and that will not be easy; Khosumet is well practiced in the art of defense, and his sturdy shield will easily block an attacker's blow. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Khosumet the Darklord may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

- DEATH KNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As a Medium hero with "Relentless" personality, Khosumet the Darklord may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

- WOLVES OF BADRU : Darklord Bonding
As a Darklord, the Khosumet the Darklord may benefit from the Wolves of Badru's DARKLORD BONDING activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- UNLEASHED FURY ENHANCEMENT : Units With Unleashed Fury Ability
* Anubian Wolves
- RELENTLESS ASSAULT : Relentless Personality Units
* Air Elemental
* Anubian Wolves
* Armoc Vipers
* Dumutef Guard
* Krug
* Minions of Utgar
* Sir Hawthorne
* Sujoah
* Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
* Venoc Vipers
* Venoc Warlord
* Wolves of Badru
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Khosumet the Darklord- Without Khosumet, the Heroes of Barrenspur pack would have all good heroes. C

OEAO: C

Cleon: Tier 3 (190/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Eclipse May 10th, 2007 05:00 PM

Khosumet has a lot of problems. He's grants a small number of melee troops an attack bonus, but it requires adjacency and he lacks any sort of bonding. In most situations, this just isn't going to happen. That means his only real advantage is the Fury enhancement. I've seen a few charts explaining this, but essentially, he's not a bad unit to take along with 3 or more squads of Wolves (no less sadly). He doesn't actually boost the probability of the majority of the Fury rolls, but rather, boosts the average roll strength.

Of course, the real problem most people have with our lone Darklord is that he's simply a non-combatant and generally wastes his time back in the starting zone until someone bothers to kill him, leading most people to prefer to simply take another set of wolves. What he really needs is a setup similar to the Venoc Warlord; a bonding bodyguard unit like the Armoc's. That way, you can draft a "first wave" of Anubian Wolves to go out and take advantage of his Fury enhancement, but once they've been removed, the Darklord can grant his Relentless bonus to his bodyguards once he goes out on his own. I think its a great setup for Mittens, and its something Khosumet could really learn from.

MKSentinel May 10th, 2007 06:23 PM

Except that Mittens is much more useful...

I find it amusing that he has such an impressive title like "Darklord" and sucks so bad.

Maybe we'll see something with fiends...

:)

Adam

Eclipse May 10th, 2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKSentinel

I find it amusing that he has such an impressive title like "Darklord" and sucks so bad.

:)

Adam

Mittens also costs 45 points more.

I'm hoping something happens with the Fiends as well, I just didn't want to put much speculation into the books ;)

MKSentinel May 10th, 2007 06:58 PM

Better here than making another thread for it. :) This is the official spot for all things Darklordish... :twisted:

On another note, can you imagine wasting Ornak on Khosumet? At least at the present time... So hoping to get on the boards post wave 7 and hear everyone talk about how bad ass Khosumet is!!! :)

Adam

Sargent_Drake_8 May 10th, 2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Adam
That's why we renamed him! His new name just happens to be...SNOOPY THE DORKLORD!

killercactus May 11th, 2007 07:14 AM

I find it kinda funny that his bio says he is well practiced in the art of defense and his shield will easily block an opponent's blow. Then you look at his card and see 3 defense and 3 life.....

Snotwalker 8000 May 11th, 2007 09:01 AM

Monsieur Darklord has to be one of the most disappointing units in the game, given that he had so much potential to be a true bad-@$$.

-) his sculpt is one of the better ones in the game.
-) the wolves are a blast to play --- great theme for them to build on!
-) if his stats had actually reflected his awesome sounding bio, Khosumet would have been a force on the field... (heck, just give him 5 defense, and he'd be 100% better!)
-) relentless assault simply begs for the addition of a relentless bonding unit!

If Hasbro is wanting to fix / improve one of the current figures, I would sincerely hope they throw this puppy a bone. They successfully revitalized the apes with the abilities of the Nakita (to the extent where they're (the apes) playable now). A ranged bonding unit for Khosumet would be perfect! Relentless, fast moving, but lower attack, anubian archer squad with darklord bonding and range boost when adjacent to a darklord would be perfect. This would get Khosumet into the battle, but not necessarily on the front line, and would also provide the wolves a much needed "ranged buddy".

Personally, I use Khosumet with 3 squads of Wolves, and believe with 3+ squads he DOES justify his cost... BUT, I do hate leaving him cowering in the starting zone, tucked away somewhere, for the entire game. Khosumet could be oh so much more than simply the back rank cheerleader he currently is.

SW8K

Snotwalker 8000 May 11th, 2007 11:12 AM

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...isWarriors.jpg

If not archers, then perhaps Anubis Warriors with slings (popular ranged weapon of the era), or spear throwers, javelins, etc...

But I could also see the Anubian Warriors pictured above armed with egyptian short bows...

Eclipse May 11th, 2007 11:41 AM

I think a ranged bonding squad would be a little much for the guy. Something about relentless ranged units seems a bit off anyway. Relentless seems to imply viciously tearing with your bear hands (or in the case of Hawthorne/Taelord, hacking madly with a big sword). Besides, that still wouldn't let people use Khosumet like his bio/sculpt imply.

Khosumet just needs a 6/1/3/4 unit of 3 "elite wolves" that have Darklord bonding and a Relentless personality (hopefully Devourer. You wouldn't need to take many of them, probably a single squad, but once you run out of Anubians, you could use this unit to bring Khosumet into the fight and help rip things up while making use of his Relentless boost. I really think giving them range is a little too much, no matter how low you drop their attack.

Snotwalker 8000 May 11th, 2007 12:01 PM

I really like Markwars idea of the "pouncing" anubis wolves, where after their normal move they can leap an additional 3 or 4 if that places them adjacent to an opponent's fig.

And I see Eclipse' reasoning for a ranged relentless unit being a bit "off"...

But if you combine Markwars and Eclipse' views, you could nicely come up with a relentless, bonding, leaping Anubis squad that gains a +1 attack bonus if they begin their movement adjacent to a Darklord (similar to Acolarh's move bonus ability...).

Elite Anubian Wolves
6/1/3/4
Relentess
Darklord Bonding
Darklord's Bidding: If the Elite Anubian Wolves begin their movement phase adjacent to a Darklord, they gain a +1 bonus to attack for the turn.
Pouncing Attack: After moving, the Elite Anubian Wolves may leap an additional 3 spaces if they end the leap adjacent to an opposing figure. The Elite Anubian Wolves do not take disengagement swipes if engaged prior to leaping.

This would make for a nice Unique bonding squad for Khosumet. Fits well in the theme, and would certainly see Khosumet getting his hands dirty in more games.

Eclipse May 11th, 2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
I really like Markwars idea of the "pouncing" anubis wolves, where after their normal move they can leap an additional 3 or 4 if that places them adjacent to an opponent's fig.

And I see Eclipse' reasoning for a ranged relentless unit being a bit "off"...

But if you combine Markwars and Eclipse' views, you could nicely come up with a relentless, bonding, leaping Anubis squad that gains a +1 attack bonus if they begin their movement adjacent to a Darklord (similar to Acolarh's move bonus ability...).

Elite Anubian Wolves
6/1/3/4
Relentess
Darklord Bonding
Darklord's Bidding: If the Elite Anubian Wolves begin their movement phase adjacent to a Darklord, they gain a +1 bonus to attack for the turn.
Pouncing Attack: After moving, the Elite Anubian Wolves may leap an additional 3 spaces if they end the leap adjacent to an opposing figure. The Elite Anubian Wolves do not take disengagement swipes if engaged prior to leaping.

This would make for a nice Unique bonding squad for Khosumet. Fits well in the theme, and would certainly see Khosumet getting his hands dirty in more games.

Just so you know, that gives them an attack of 5 if they don't move. They get a +1 bonus for starting next to Khosumet, then they'd get an +1 bonus for being next to Khosumet. Another idea that might be really fitting with the theme.

Offering of Flesh
When an Elite Anubian Wolf inflicts a wound on the opponent, he may remove a wound marker from an adjacent Darklord.

The one thing that's important is making sure the new unit doesn't take the thunder away from the current Anubian Wolves. You definitely want to make sure their average attack is lower than the average Unleashed Fury roll, much like how the Armoc lack Frenzy and the Scout enhancement. They need to bond, be generally stronger, but lack that chance to roll total carnage that make both the Venoc and Anubians such great first wave assault troops.