Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Su-bak-na question

Hive Supremacy
Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll.

Does this mean it is your choice to add to your die roll?

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
The word "may" is permissive, not mandatory; so I'd say "yes" to your question.
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I concur, but I don't know why you wouldn't.

-Ski
Old June 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Ya, Why would you not?

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old June 17th, 2006, 06:42 PM
has been BANNED

negation is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
I concur, but I don't know why you wouldn't.
Because if you had NGS and SBN on your team NGS would need 19 or 20 to shackle but if it was mandatory then you could only get 19 for mind shackle because if you rolled a 20 you would technically be getting 21 when the card says you need a 20.
Old June 17th, 2006, 06:58 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Besides, getting a 21 on a d20 will bring about the end of the universe as we know it???? We don't play that there is any 21 possible on a d20, even if you add one.

Maybe that's wrong???

But I don't think so.
Old June 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM
ultradoug

the d20 issue was talked about before, I asked if the game "Reconises" numbers beound 20 because you can add +1 + 4 etc to the d20, resulting in some powers not working, others however `fixed' this issue by saying "anything above 15" or whatever...
the answer was that indeed, yes the game must reconise numbers above 20 for intantive rolls... and power rolls as well.
Old June 17th, 2006, 09:15 PM

I can readily see that applying to the init rolls. But it could be considered differently for abilities where anything over 20 would be "off the map" and the power rendered useless, as Negation seemed to be saying.
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:53 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
When it says you must get a 20, what it really means is "20 or higher."

If you take it any other way, you'd be penalized for having bonuses, which is clearly not the intention of the game. Everytime the game asks you to roll a d20, you are shooting for the highest number possible...always. There's never a time when the game rewards you for a lower number. The whole game is structured around high numbers on the d20.
Old June 17th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
When it says you must get a 20, what it really means is "20 or higher."
No, no it doesnt. If it meant that it would say that.

This question was posed to Hasbro. A 21 is not a 20 and thus does not count.

The question came up that if I am on the glyph of Lodin (+1 d20) and land on the revive glyph, if I roll a 20 for my opponents' figures (since the person who lands on it rolls for ALL the dead figures) can you make it a 21 thus not reviving their figures? The answer was YES.

It doesn't matter for your own figures because the glyph says "you may" so on your own cards it would be benificial to NOT add the bonus.
Old June 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post proof that you can change a 20 to a 21 to screw your opponent on the revive. In all situations other than that, treating d20 rolls as "20 or higher" works just fine. The example you gave is the only one where it would make a difference in thinking of it my way versus thinking of it your way.

That get a 20 and change it to a 21 rule reeks of rules lawyering along the lines of folks that say snakes can slither through lava. If someone tries to do that in one of our games they are not going to get away with it.
Old June 18th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Post proof that you can change a 20 to a 21 to screw your opponent on the revive. In all situations other than that, treating d20 rolls as "20 or higher" works just fine. The example you gave is the only one where it would make a difference in thinking of it my way versus thinking of it your way.

That get a 20 and change it to a 21 rule reeks of rules lawyering along the lines of folks that say snakes can slither through lava. If someone tries to do that in one of our games they are not going to get away with it.
You are right it is the only example. Unfortunately I don't have proof of the Hasbro response is the HQ is where the thread was...all I have is my memory.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units