Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Giving up - finally.

Well, guys, it's finally over.

After over 3 years of trying and lobbying, and even having some success, I'm hanging it up.

No - I'm not talking about quitting Heroscape. I'm talking about quitting Runa. Finally.

I've tried and tried to make Runa work, and I think I have made her work pretty well. My preferred army (Runa, Minions x2, AE, Marro Warriors) is undefeated - 7-0 (one game swapped the Krav in for the MWs) in tournaments and 12-0 overall. But, it's time to let it die.

I've had to argue for 3 years any Runa is a better choice than Kaemon Awa, Krug, Rats x3, Raelin/Rats, Stingers x2, more Minions, blah blah blah. But now, with the Fen Hydra and Torin both jumping in, there's just too much.

In no way is Runa a better companion for Minions than a Fen Hydra is. The Hydra is great to throw at Braxas to end her reign of terror before she melts the Minions, and it also provides a way to attack 4 times per turn, which strikes some fear into swarming squads that previously didn't worry about Minions. The Hydra also gives you an excuse to fit Raelin into the army, or can just replace Runa in my previous build, probably with better results.

So, while I think Runa can win games here and there and is excellent at using scare tactics and some cool bait and switch tricks, I'm done advocating it. It's the Hydra's turn to shine with Minions, and my turn to start advocating a unit that is more fun to play and also very underrated in my opinion - the Venoc Vipers.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker
Re: Giving up - finally.

(Taps playing in background)...

I admire your tanacity.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

And I was hoping to see you play her at the next tourney. Will I guess I will look forward to seeing you go in a Frenzy for another army
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heh. I'm actually half expecting MM to pop in and say that he's giving up on melee, and switching to ranged builds.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Heh. I'm actually half expecting MM to pop in and say that he's giving up on melee, and switching to ranged builds.
If that happens we'll KNOW we're in an alternate reality.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Quote:
Well, I did see that he played Microcorp at a recent tourney....
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:08 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Quote:
Well, I did see that he played Microcorp at a recent tourney....

*Checks calendar*

Wow, 2012 is still about 1.5 years away.....Guess that leaves enough time for me to decide that I'm giving up on the Anubian Wolves, Moriko, X17, and Krug.....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the Venoc Vipers. I would be very interested in seeing what you come up with, killercactus.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old May 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Krizo is surprisingly tart

Runa is like any other 20d power.

unreliable.

Am I saying that Runa shouldn't be used? No! Every character has a purpose (even DW7k). Even if you only use her in themed armies, fine! It's like football. Imagine your QB (Q9) goes down early. The back up has to make something happen. Even if it's trying to make the score look respectable.

Every figure has it's use, some are just not need as much.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizo View Post
Runa is like any other 20d power.

unreliable.
The d20 is not unreliable. The d20 is an instrument of chance, just as combat dice are an instrument of chance.

If I attack a Marro Stinger with an attack of 3, I have slightly less than a 51% chance of killing that stinger.

If I attack that Marro Stinger with Poisonous Acid Breath, I have a 65% chance of killing that stinger.

Which of those two things is unreliable?
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A legend dies. Begin the funeral procession. You had me considering playing her Cactus, but it seems that your decision here as curbed my mind, and I think that there is too many better options to fill in for Runa. She will take her spot in the unit case next to the other unused Utgar heros.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now KC has to spend three years trying to get Hatamoto Taro to be competitive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion