Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart
DnD Campaign: Dust off those less used figures

I have been playing some DnD Campaigns as the baddies and I am having lots of fun dusting off less used figures to put in my armies.

OG---make a lava field and river with a bridge (guarded by DG) they cross and lava throw them as they cross.
Dzu-teh---snow covered mountain with orcs and nerak
DW7000---disarm him before he blows something up

It fun to pick a figure you don't use much and make a room that makes them a pain for the adventuring party.

Anybody else done this yet?

Last edited by wolfeman1968; February 25th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: DnD Campaigns dust off thoses less used figures

I have way too many DnD miniatures as it is (heck I have the DnD minis of Orthkirik, Pelloth, the Drow, and a couple of the GSW). There really isn't too much of a need for me to use my Heroscape. Maybe my extra DnD Heroscape pieces might come in handy, but we'll see.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a custom campaign set up that involves mage-type characters being able to grab two different magical glyphs. The first glyph allows that character to summon 1x Fyorlags and 1x Badru. The second one allows you to summon 1x Anubians and 1x Dzu-Teh. I found that the Fyorlags, when used in this manner, work AMAZINGLY well!
Characters that I also found to work well in my campaign setting are: The Venoc Warlord, Moriko(as a party member), Kelda(also as a party member, X17(as a party member), Brave Arrow, all of the marro heroes, Nerak, and several other characters.
It was encouraging to see characters such as Moriko, Kelda, and X17 do well in this setting! Especially since the boss in the second area was Cyprien......

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: DnD Campaign: Dust off those less used figures

had a huge "Dungeon" Heroscape set up that went all the way across two connected dining tables, years ago! Now I'm not the kind of DM who likes to kill his players off, but they were beaten to death just at the end by a new type of creature that had just come out: several groups of Dzu-Teh. Sad, really...
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess I'm a little confused. Was I the only one that did specific scenarios before DnDScape came out?

The stuff you are describing sounds exactly like what I do on a pretty regular basis. Heck, the campaign in SotM was set up almost identically to the DnD campaign.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
I have been playing some DnD Campaigns as the baddies and I am having lots of fun dusting off less used figures to put in my armies.

OG---make a lava field and river with a bridge (guarded by DG) they cross and lava throw them as they cross.
Dzu-teh---snow covered mountain with orcs and nerak
DW7000---disarm him before he blows something up

It fun to pick a figure you don't use much and make a room that makes them a pain for the adventuring party.

Anybody else done this yet?
Ergo, the rise of terrain specific monsters that we're seeing a lot of in the age of D&D scape. Rankings are based on tournament worthiness, and I am excited to see an outlet for the terrain specific units.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:10 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
I have way too many DnD miniatures as it is (heck I have the DnD minis of Orthkirik, Pelloth, the Drow, and a couple of the GSW). There really isn't too much of a need for me to use my Heroscape. Maybe my extra DnD Heroscape pieces might come in handy, but we'll see.
Not much need to use Heroscape? When playing Heroscape D&D campaigns? Hence this thread being in the Heroscape general discussion section? Will I end this sentence with a question mark?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:58 AM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I guess I'm a little confused. Was I the only one that did specific scenarios before DnDScape came out?

The stuff you are describing sounds exactly like what I do on a pretty regular basis. Heck, the campaign in SotM was set up almost identically to the DnD campaign.
DnD Campaign is almost the same as scenarios in scape except now you don't necessary have to draft the "best army" now you can customs use units and put them where ever you want to start instead your typical starting zones.
I have done lots of scenario scape our favorites are rescue missions

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion