Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lightbulb Contributor Status

I should have clarified the difference between Contributor and Site Supporter a long time ago, I apologize.
Site Supporters have made a monetary (cash/money) donation to the site. As a Site Supporter many benefits are given, including access to upload files and images, leave neg rep, write a blog, etc.
Contributors are people that are unable to make a donation, but have shown that they provide valuable content (well written help posts/topics, custom cards, maps, etc) and should be recognized/rewarded for their contributions with the ability to upload their files and images to our site.

This is much like art. There are people who have money and support the art community, even if they themselves are not artists, and then there are the artists, who contribute the content of the art community.

Site Supporter status is granted when a donation is made, but Contributor is a group that people may request to join. When requests are made, admin's (particularly me) must review the member's contributions to the community and make a judgement call. The site does not notify anyone with a message when a request is made, and I don't really think about it that often, so a pm is a helpful way to expedite your request.

Whining will not make it happen any faster, and will likely just get you denied as it is annoying. Telling me how broke you are so you can't become a Site Supporter is also just annoying. Money is not the issue here, proof of quality is the issue. Yes, Site Supporters can get upload status without proving their quality. Money keeps the site alive so we give them that special privilege.

Things that I look for in potential "Contributor" members:

Existing thread with contributing content such as Custom units, Maps, Fan Fiction, Photos, Unit Reviews, and all sorts of things that provide a contribution to the community.

"But I need to be a member to upload maps and photos! Please make me a contributor!!!!!!!"

Not until you've shown some of your work to the community by utilizing some of the wonderful online tools for sharing photos and files.
http://www.photobucket.com/ for photos
http://www.mediafire.com/ for files
are both a good start.

Later, when you make your request, don't just say "I wanna contribute" as that is not an example of a good contribution. Make a case for why you are a contributing member, include links.

ADDITIONAL NOTES FROM XOTLI:

What a Contributor can do that a "regular" user can't:
  • Upload image and files
  • Upload attachments
  • Create and post to a blog
And a few other minor bits and bobs.

If you are interested in obtaining contributor status, please send me (Xotli) a PM. But bear in mind the guidelines that bunjee lays out above: I'm still going to follow those in evaluating whether you deserve Contributor status or not.

Last edited by Xotli; September 11th, 2015 at 04:22 AM. Reason: added notes
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart
Re: Contributor Status

Being a contributer is cool but what if i can afford the 45 dollars? If ima supporter can I still be a contributor? Danger close
dfonse
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh, this explains a lot.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Shouldn't a site supporter automatically be a contributor also? What better way to be a contributor then to support the site financially? I realize that I am neither, just curious.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 15th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Site Supporters are by default granted more capabilities than Contributors.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Weird. I always thought this thread was locked.
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Weird. I always thought this thread was locked.
Wow! It isn't! I never noticed!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM

imacman is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post Re: Contributor Status

Due to the low abundacy of Heroscape figures I'm going to transfer some of my other miniatures figures to Heroscape figures. I'll post their pics and stats so envy one could see 'em as soon as their ready.

Max!

Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

imacman, your post seems to have been placed in the wrong thread, it is not relevant to any discussion here.
Additionally, I hardly call 218 distinct characters (including Marvel) a low abundance, but customs are always welcome in the customs area.

Last edited by bunjee; October 23rd, 2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old February 6th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I have applied for Contributor status, but it seems Bunjee hasn't posted since 2013. Is there anyone else that can grant my request?

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old February 6th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sure. Several of the admins provide support you can't see, but I'd just start with a PM to @Jim .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 7th, 2015, 01:00 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Sure. Several of the admins provide support you can't see, but I'd just start with a PM to @Jim .
Alright. Thanks DS!

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online