Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 31st, 2006, 04:10 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
The Horgle Project: Phase 1

I've been thinking about a project of sorts where I'd like to put together several custom army cards meant primarily to be filler units. Similiar to Guilty McCreech in that he is a unique hero for 30 points with a decent special ability. I like to call him a "filler unit" because he fills out your army when you've got 30 points or less left over in your draft.

Currently, Guilty is the lowest cost unique hero in the game, and I more often than not see him drafted into an army solely because the player had some points left over, so why throw them away?

The question I pose to you is this: What would you want to see in a filler unit(s)? A unique hero who costs no more than 35 points? Personally, I think the game needs more of them, and would like some ideas to help me design units for the sole purpose of being "fillers."

Any help is greatly appreciated...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am thinking of a Biker Dude, who can use the carry ability. He also has low stats and few life but can kick some occasional booty.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:13 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
make one with 1 of everything (maybe not move...maybe 3 or 4 move) for like 5 points. give him no special abilities. just make it 5 points.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
you could make a unit called the sidekick that was low on stats but sort of bonded with a hero of some sort. You could call him Pancho and have him choose a friendly lawman to bond with.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:21 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
The mercenary? :
L3
M5
R1
A3
D3
Cost 15

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:23 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I am thinking of a Biker Dude, who can use the carry ability. He also has low stats and few life but can kick some occasional booty.
That would be cool. The thing about Guilty is that he doesn't offer much when it comes to working together with other units. No synergy. He's often a throw away unit with a handy double-attack. So perhaps units who can aid an army's strategy in more ways than just hoping to get a couple kills in here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H Addict
make one with 1 of everything (maybe not move...maybe 3 or 4 move) for like 5 points. give him no special abilities. just make it 5 points.
Hmmmm... interesting idea. I can see a small goblin unit designed like this. But I'd rather have a squad of four with such low numbers (though I'd bump their Move up a bit) and have them cost 15 or so rather than have only a single at 5 points.

The other reason I'm asking about unique heroes is that they can have more than 1 Life (as opposed to common heroes who only have a Life of 1). Thus, there is a chance that they can stick around a little longer. Hopeful longevity, you know?
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:24 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
That was the idea behind my "Rookies", though they are a unique squad of two.
I'm trying to do a whole MS repaint, and I want to have the average cost of the repaint set end up less than the average cost of the original set. It seems as though higher cost units would change the game more than lower cost, although having too many lower cost units available could change it in otherways if they are overdrafted.[/url]

Whaaar's my piratin' outfit?
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:25 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Bulls Eye Bob
Life 2
Range 9
Attack 2
Defense 2

Gotta Line it Up
Bulls Eye Bob may not attack if he moved this turn

30 points

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:29 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
you could make a unit called the sidekick that was low on stats but sort of bonded with a hero of some sort. You could call him Pancho and have him choose a friendly lawman to bond with.
This is a cool idea... many possibilities can be had with this one. I know of one Agent specifically *coughCarrcough* who could use some kind of bonding to help promote synergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
The mercenary?
Funny you should say that. The units I hope to create are going to be connected in that they are all going to be of the same race. Storyline behind them is that they don't serve any specific general except that which pays the highest price (aka, drafts them). A band of mercenaries for hire, basically. But low cost because, you know, they're cheap like that.

And this is their logo...

And no, it's not meant to be Krug.

One of the figs to be used as one of the units...
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
That's exactly the kind of unit I was thinking about - because the problem with those low-cost/low-power units is you really can only activate them when either nothing's going on, or when they are the last units left in your army.

It would be great if some low-cost units were around that would warrant being played when it is critical, and bonding is about the only way that's likely to happen.

Great idea of the theme, GB - I'd love to see someone make this unit and make it work thematically and mechanically.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:40 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
will their card be grayish white?
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:41 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Give them the drone special power. Roll the D20 to see if you can move up to 3 mercs.

Maybe you could limit to attacking.

Military Training
After attacking with this figure, one other unique Mercenary may attack the same target with a normal attack.

or maybe movement
Cover Fire
After you take a turn with this figure, roll the D20. On a result of 13 or higher, you may move one other Mercenary you control.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards