Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated Original X-men First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
Danger Room training is pretty cool. I would switch the first sentence so that it reads: "...receives enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing that figure, roll 10 dice. If you roll..." It follows the wording on the Microcorp Agents a little closer.
I stole this power right from Acolrah the elf flag bearer because I thought it fit the Danger Room theme and no one had used it for Prof X.
Ah I knew I recognized it. But then I couldn't find it (I looked at all the other flag-bearers) and I assumed it was a custom I saw once. Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I wanted to do a original team from that specific team period. I also choose a new format of including the team name for synergy rather than race because I think it fits these cards better. I curious to see how it plays out and plan to have all members of the X-Men listed that way. I would like know what other people think about doing cards this way. I am not sure what the drawbacks would be. I do plan to do a Phoenix Jean Grey too. Thanks for all the feedback it really helps improve my cards.
I figured, that's what I did too. People have tried a lot of different ways to make teams, I like what you have here. It seems like it should work. The only problem comes when you have figures that would fit two (or more) teams.... Then what?

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

This was the first card that I did and I always liked this version of the Beast the best. He hung out with Wonderman and the Avengers but would often go back and help out the X-men.

Old February 26th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Now for some uncanny X-men

Old February 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Wolverine

Regenerative Healing is a very interesting take on Wolverine's healing factor. I feel like it has the potential to be too powerful, but at the same time, you won't be able to use it if Wolverine is your last figure. I thin kyou could also cut down on the wording a little:

"After taking a turn with any other figure, you may remove 1 Wound Marker on Wolverine's card."

I really like Weapon "X" Rage too. Well done!

Old February 26th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Regenerative Healing is a very interesting take on Wolverine's healing factor. I feel like it has the potential to be too powerful, but at the same time, you won't be able to use it if Wolverine is your last figure. I thin kyou could also cut down on the wording a little:

"After taking a turn with any other figure, you may remove 1 Wound Marker on Wolverine's card."
Yeah my other idea was to link it to not moving or attacking. Something like " Any turn Wolverine does not move or Attack, you may remove one order marker from this card. Do people think that would be too powerful or about right. If he is too powerful I could take off a life or defense or attack. How does the update sound?

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 27th, 2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think your take is okay... but maybe knock down his defense a little? I know Wolvie is a good fighter, but doesn't he usually let the blows land because he knows they'll heal?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
I think your take is okay... but maybe knock down his defense a little? I know Wolvie is a good fighter, but doesn't he usually let the blows land because he knows they'll heal?
Thanks for the input Margloth, I agree I am already thinking of dropping him to 4 defense. I want to playtest to see how much the healing comes in. Again I appreciate your advice.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 27th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM

I agree with dropping the defense. Wolverine's got the attitude where he knows he won't get hurt too bad so he sometimes charges headlong into a situation he was completely prepared for. I think a lowish Defense and highish Life represents that well.

Old February 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I don't think Jungle Tracking fits Wolverine's theme at all. But I may be wrong. I think Weapon "X" Rage is good though,

It was nice seeing you again Drew.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Great Wolverine custom, Drew! I think this is my new favorite custom of yours.

EDIT: I agree with Wolverine having 4 defense.
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I agree with dropping the defense. Wolverine's got the attitude where he knows he won't get hurt too bad so he sometimes charges headlong into a situation he was completely prepared for. I think a lowish Defense and highish Life represents that well
When I did some play testing(vs Hulk) the thing that made him too powerful was attack ability overwhelming opponenents. So the first fix will be to limit his rage ability to 1 turn instead of a round.
Quote:
I don't think Jungle Tracking fits Wolverine's theme at all. But I may be wrong. I think Weapon "X" Rage is good though,

It was nice seeing you again Drew.
Sorry I didn't give you a better game at Totalcon I was a little distracted but it was fun playing you. Now hate to call you out on your Wolverine knowledge, but from two different sources "Woverine is adept at tracking in jungles and forests " and "Wolverine is one of the worlds best trackers due to his super senses"

Quote:
Great Wolverine custom, Drew! I think this is my new favorite custom of yours.

EDIT: I agree with Wolverine having 4 defense
Thanks that means a lot because I really respect your opinion. I wanted to create A Wolverine that was different from all the others but really captured all his themes.
With the new update below, you must make a lot of strategic decisions regarding to heal or not to heal and when to activate his rage. I think he will be a real fun figure to try. I am going to pit him against the CG3 Wolverine and see who is "the best at what he does'.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 28th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM

I think Regenerative Healing was better before, I know you mean either don't move or don't attack to use it, but it sounds like you can't do either in a turn, especially where in Heroscape language "or" is used to mean and sometimes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations