Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Gatehop-Quickfingers Woo who?
Gatehop's Maps and Scenarios

Hello Heroscapers!

As the title implies, this is the thread where I will be posting all the maps and scenarios I design that I deem worthy of this site. Due to the large amount of extra wave tiles I own, very few maps will include Virtualscape instructions. I hope you enjoy these maps as much as I do!

Physical Pictures

Spoiler Alert!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Corinthians 13:4

"Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?"
-Famous Kender Proverb

Last edited by Gatehop-Quickfingers; September 21st, 2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Clean-up
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM

Re: Gatehop's Maps and Scenarios

Alright, just a quick check-up here! On my IPad, the links I posted show up as pictures, and I just wanted to check if that is the same for the rest of you...do you see photos or just links? If you see photos, perfect, if you see links, back to the drawing board!

If this actually worked and the photos showed up, I will be ecstatic! I just designed a multi-level map today and I'm dying to put up pictures!

-Gatehop

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool map! I really like the figures all lined up and battling. I usually do smaller, tournament maps, but it looks pretty cool. If you post build instructions, I'd love to play a few games on it.
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Very cool map! I really like the figures all lined up and battling. I usually do smaller, tournament maps, but it looks pretty cool. If you post build instructions, I'd love to play a few games on it.
Hey, thanks Robber!

I do not currently have any Virtualscape instructions for Road of the Ancients, and I recently tore it down, but I could try and rebuild it on Virtualscape. Might not get around to it for a while, but I'll try and make a point of it nonetheless! I do admit, I enjoy playing on tournament maps, but I just can't resist the temptation of a map that takes hours to play on!

I will be posting more pictures either tomorrow or Monday. A multi-level map with a multi-level castle. Oh, and an outrageously large hill that acts as (one of) the passage(s) to the upper level!

-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Araaz Grimm is surprisingly tart

Tell me Gatehop, will I get the pleasure of "pwning" you on any of these maps (with the exception of "Road of the Ancients")?

An unfinished fanfic that needs to be expanded on or revamped:
The Price of Un-life

An old user that wandered back to hone his writing skills.
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaz Grimm View Post
Tell me Gatehop, will I get the pleasure of "pwning" you on any of these maps (with the exception of "Road of the Ancients")?
That's a no, Grimm! Both of these maps are long gone; you get the honor of being the first to play on my newest map!

Are you going to be here tomorrow?

-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Araaz Grimm is surprisingly tart

I was already "here" yesterday. I look foward to playing on your newest creation!

An unfinished fanfic that needs to be expanded on or revamped:
The Price of Un-life

An old user that wandered back to hone his writing skills.
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Question- How many sets did it take to make Oceanhold? looks to me like... (scrolls up to check) 2 Fortress, 2, maybe 3 Rise of the Valkyrie, and 2/3 Underdark. I want to try my own version of that, so, what're the sets? Great maps BTW
Old September 16th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Question- How many sets did it take to make Oceanhold? looks to me like... (scrolls up to check) 2 Fortress, 2, maybe 3 Rise of the Valkyrie, and 2/3 Underdark. I want to try my own version of that, so, what're the sets? Great maps BTW
Well, as I said in the first post, I do not know exactly what tiles I own, but I will be able to do a quick estimate here...If you have two castles, I guarantee you'll be able to build the fortress part of things, because that is all I have for castles. I only have one Rise of the Valkyrie, so it wouldn't use more than that...I also have two Swarm of the Marro and one Battle for the Underdark. So my guess would be two Fortress of the Archkyrie, one Rise of the Valkyrie, two Swarm of the Marro, and one Battle for the Underdark. Some of the finishing touches like the small grass hills or the sand and rock on the hill might only be possible with extra wave tiles, but it sounds like you have some extra ROTVs. That is all.

-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Oh yeah, Son of Arathorn, I forgot to tell you in the previous post that Castle Oceanhold is the most unfair map I have ever played on...just letting you know. When I played on it, I started in the castle, and my bother started on the base of the huge hill; the game ended in fifteen minutes. I lost. It was the quickest takeover of a castle I've seen in my life!

-Famous Kender Proverb
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM

Alright, so I think I'm going to try making a few Virtualscape maps! Some will be tournament sized, but some will still be quite large; I hope to be getting another Rise of the Valkyrie, and another Fortress of the Archkyrie very soon.

-Famous Kender Proverb

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios